Getting my WNDR3700 to share/stream movies to my ATV2

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by djdirect, Jun 18, 2011.

1. djdirect macrumors newbie

djdirect

Does anyone have steps to follow in order to get a Netgear WNDR3700 router to share it's connected USB hard drive to my ATV2? I, for the life of me, have been looking everywhere for information on this and to no avail, have had any luck. So first, here is what I'm working with:

1: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac
    2: Neatgear WNDR3700 Router
    3: 1 TB WD Elements USB Hard Drive

My ATV2 is jailbroken and XBMC is the program that I'm trying to get to hook up with the router's USB connected hard drive. I can't get the Readyshare thing to work. I've tried by going under the finder/go/connect to server and cant get past the username/password box. I've tried logging into the router itself and messed with settings in order for it to work. USB settings - I've added the approved device. Not sure what to do under the USB Storage settings. The hard drive doesn't show up. Thought it would be simple as just plugging it into the router and the ATV2 recognizing it. I'm confused. Any help would be great. I think i might of read somewhere, where they say that Netgear says that its router doesn't support 1TB drives? Which would kind of suck because I would eventually want to purchase a Drobo to hook up to this router. But not if I can't even hook up a 1TB hard drive.

2. eTip macrumors 6502