Getting new Iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heath223, Mar 25, 2013.

1. heath223 macrumors newbie

I have an upgrade Friday and am looking at getting an Iphone 5. I want to make sure I can jailbreak it so if I get it and it has IOS6 on it can I update it to 6.1.2? or would I be ok with leaving it on IOS6? I just dont want to have to install the newest version and loose jailbreaking and I dont want to have the version that drains the battery.

2. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

Most iPhones still on the shelves right now are probably still on 6.1.2, although that's not a guarantee. If it's on 6.1.3, you're screwed.

Also, make sure that the store rep DOES NOT update the software for you! Sometimes they think they're doing you a favor.

If it's on a software that is lower 6.1.2 (which is a possibility), stick with what you have. You won't be able to upgrade to 6.1.2.

As far as a "version that drains the battery", that doesn't exist. Most of those complaints were from people who had battery drainage issues because they were either messing with their phones more than usual and noticed poorer battery life, or had a tweak or two installed that was the culprit.

3. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

You'll be fine. Just whatever you do, don't let them update it for you. Like the user said above me. They'll try to do it for you as a favor.