Getting photos onto iPhoto on iPad from iTunes on a computer you don't normally sync

Discussion in 'iPad' started by afd, May 10, 2012.

1. afd macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to get some photos from a PowerBook onto my iPad. I sync with another iMac. I tried using iTunes, clicking my iPad in devices then Apps and finding iPhoto in the file sharing section, I was able to copy over the photos and it looked like the photos were copying to iPhoto.
    When I go to iPhoto there is no sign of the photos, anyone know how to access them?

2. afd thread starter macrumors 6502a

just wanted To add that the photos did copy to the iPad some where. When I copied them in iTunes the available storage went down, then back up again when I deleted them.

3. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

Get Photosync from the app store. It costs 69p/99c

You then download the free client app to your mac and can send pictures directly to your iPad/iPhone via wifi. Images you send are placed into your devices camera roll.

This also lets you send images from your device to other macs/pc or iOS devices too.

4. Jedii macrumors regular

sync.. ZZZzzz..

use Skydrive from Microsoft, and just drop them all in there, its free and currently giving away 25GB of storage if you already have a Live account.

It's microsoft, i know .. but free, as in beer.

5. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

You can also try an app called Photo Transfer. Doesn't require you to install any apps on your PowerBook. The app called PhotoSync that another person mentioned above works well too.

6. afd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for suggestions, though was looking for help with iOS iPhoto.

7. panjandrum macrumors regular

panjandrum

Same issue

I can verify the problem the OP is having. My system behaves exactly the same way. iPhoto shows up under the "Apps" tab and then under the "File Sharing" selection (along with Keynote etc. etc.). Copying photos appears to function properly. However these photos do NOT show up anywhere on the target iPad. This happens for both USB and wireless syncing. Thus if I wish to simply sync a folder of photos I must first import them into iPhoto and go through that whole process. Annoying.

8. afd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Discovered an another annoying iPhoto quirk. I edited a bunch of photos and wanted to get them into the photos app but found I couldn't export more than 1 at a time?

9. Azzin macrumors 68040

Can't you just put them on the Mac that you do sync with?

Either by using Dropbox/Skydrive etc, or even a USB drive?

10. afd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not on that particular day no. I was at work. Am aware of workaround but why allow iTunes to copy photos to iPhoto and have no access from the app?