Getting rid of my friends mac app store account on my computer!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by applerocks123, Jun 22, 2011.

1. applerocks123 macrumors member

applerocks123

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I was over at my friends and I had my flash drive and I copied Angry Birds to it. When I got home I put it in my applications folder and I opened the mac app store. It shows I have an update for an entirely different program and I need to log onto his account to update it. How do I make it so it thinks that I bought angry birds and get rid of that update for the other program?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

But you didn't buy Angry Birds..that's stealing..

3. applerocks123 thread starter macrumors member

applerocks123

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Not much you can do then, as far as I know (though I could be wrong, in which case hopefully somebody can help you out). Not being mean or anything, but why didn't you pay for it on your own account?

5. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

If you're paying for it anyway, why not just download it through your own iTunes account, and skip the problem entirely?

6. applerocks123 thread starter macrumors member

applerocks123

I dont know why I didn't. I was at his house and i saw it and i had the money.

7. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

He didn't pay his friend for it.

What friend gets someone to pay for a copy of the software? It's not like there's a disc that you can transfer ownership. There's nothing to sell, so who's paying?

8. applerocks123 thread starter macrumors member

applerocks123

He wont give me my money back and I don't want to buy it again. But with that all aside can you please help?

9. applerocks123 thread starter macrumors member

applerocks123

Yes I did. ugh never mind ill figure it out my self thanks for the help.:mad: and he had it before i did i didnt have him buy it right then and there.

10. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Let's get this straight: you had a functional App Store application associated with an :apple: ID on your computer. You then copy a single App into the application folder bought from another account and you recon that your Mac Store App believes it's assoctated with another :apple: ID and trying to update a program never installed on your Mac?

Seems rather odd. What would usually happen is the Angery Bird would just not work. Just deleate it. And if this doesn't work restore the App Store App. ( and learn that you can't just rip an app like that.)

B.t.w what the hell was your friend doing taking money from you?

11. MacMadHatter macrumors newbie

MacMadHatter

Simply put, if you do not purchase an app with your AppleID, then that App will not work for you. The only way to do it the other way is to gift the App.. So next time do that if you're wanting it on your AppleID.

12. applerocks123 thread starter macrumors member

applerocks123

I followed your steps and it worked but i dont get updates for the app. Is there something im not doing right? thanks for helping