iPhone Getting rid of the annoying number above various icons (settings/app store)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by StinkyDonk, Nov 5, 2012.

1. StinkyDonk macrumors regular

So, if you have say, 10 apps that have updates out, then above the app store icon you'll have a very annoying red 10 there.

Basically, i want it removed, but preferably without the update list being removed. In short, i'd like no number above the app store icon, but when i open it & go to updates i see the updates.

Also, i'm on 5.1.1 right now. As you'll know - i have a very annoying 1 above my settings icon. I'd like this removed. I know there's iOS 6 screaming at me, but i'm not interested.

How do i do this?

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I use Springtomize to hide all the badges I don't use. There are several other tweaks that do this too. For settings, you could use No Update or Software Update Killer.

3. StinkyDonk thread starter macrumors regular

I've installed NoUpdate - it doesn't fix the red 1 at the top of the icon.

So on that note, does Springtomize fix it? I just want the number removing that's all, on both settings & app store icon.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Noupdate prevents OTA firmware updates

Use springtomize to selectivly disable badges for a certain app.
    Icons/choose icons

5. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Yes Springtomize can remove the badges like I said in my original post. Software Update Killer also removes the badge AND prevents accidentall upgrades. So you have options. If you already have Springtomize then I suggest you use that to remove badges. If you don't, I'm almost positive there are other free packages to remove badges.

For me personally, I use Springtomize to remove the badge on settings and I edit my hosts file to prevent the upgrade. Whatever floats your boat.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont get it.
    If you're JB you cannot update OTA anyway.
    It will just give you an error and go back to the way it was before.
    What's the point of that package NoUpdate then?

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Removes the Red badge.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh, that makes sense then:D
    Thank you.

9. StinkyDonk thread starter macrumors regular

I installed that updatekiller which sorted out the settings problem, but not the app store problem.
    Sounds simple, i like simple :)
    this doesn't sound simple. Sounds like i should stay away from this :)

10. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Lol do you have Springtomize? If so just use that to individually select which icons you want to hide the badges. It's very simple. Plus Springtomize offers a million other tweaks. Very useful package to have on a jailbroken device in my opinion. I know of another tweak in cydia that removes badges but it's a universal effect on all icons. For me personally I like certain icons to show badges. So I use Springtomize to hide the bages for specific icons.

11. Vetvito macrumors 6502a