Getting tired of HTC Weather Lockscreens? Click Here

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zmulleni, Aug 17, 2010.

1. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

Ok I posted this in a couple homescreen/lockscreen threads and I thought I would share it with this amazing forum community. I take absolutely NO credit for this as all of that goes to storyr on modmyi. This is a fantastic interactive weather lockscreen that fairly easy to install and very user friendly. The first time you run it give it a second or two to load, then sit back and enjoy.

There is a second theme that you can run (see link) which you can switch in the settings, if the first theme doesn't satisfy your needs

:apple: - z

Lockscreen Link: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-2g-...w-dapanel-interactive-weather-lockscreen.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. reyno28 macrumors member

reyno28

3. TechJunky macrumors regular

I remember the original wedapanel...always liked it. Yes I'm tired of all the HTC lockscreens, thanks for posting something different. I wonder if you can edit the wallpaper backgrounds.

4. reyno28 macrumors member

reyno28

One problem, Cydget is not working on my iphone4. Can't get this lockscreen to work.

5. zmulleni thread starter macrumors regular

zmulleni

It's actually not a Cydget, this is the Widget version, I'm running it on iPhone 4 and have no issues. Did you edit the settings to your location? Also did you place the wedaPanel.theme folder in var/stash/themes to place then activate in winterboard?

I don't see why you can't edit the images, some high res ones will be fantastic. I know he's working on an ip4 specific update. I really have not had the time to play with the settings outside of initial set up.

6. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

7. zmulleni thread starter macrumors regular

zmulleni

No prob, lol... I'm in a concrete jungle : )

8. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

I installed this, changed to my zip, everything works except for the visuals like radar etc. are all of Tacoma Washington instead of my location..???

Any ideas??

Edit: Figured it out..

9. troyhouse macrumors 6502

this is awesome, i just installed it and works just great....

is there a way to add emails on the main lockscreen... if that works then it is even better then lockinfo....!!

10. iPadztr macrumors 6502

Can this be integrated to lock info instead of winterboard? It's nice, but I'm staying away from WB for now.. Ty for the linkage!

11. zmulleni thread starter macrumors regular

zmulleni

To my knowledge no, but if there are any experienced users out there that want to take a crack at it by all means lol...

I don't believe it can be integrated into lockinfo, in fact I found this searching for a replacement for lockinfo : )

12. sdmac macrumors member

Really love this. I downloaded and copied into var/stash/themes via ssh and then activated in Winterboard. I also disabled lock info and Ilock but I can't get it to work?

I did not edit my location because I just wanted to see if it would work but I get nothing.

In SSH I can see the weda theme but it us under
    /private/var/stash/themes.bouhiq

Is this the correct place? I assume it is because I see all of my other winterboard themes there.

13. pigglett macrumors newbie

Just place it where your winterboard themes are

14. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

I got the basic theme working last night, however I could not get any of the touch actions to work. Just the theme. But it slowed down my iphone, the home screen was not swiping as fast and there was a lot of lag... So I un installed it for now.

15. zmulleni thread starter macrumors regular

zmulleni

That's odd, are you using IP4? I installed and it took a second or two for the first initial load but then after that it's been flawless. No lag on homescreen or anywhere else.

16. sdmac macrumors member

Got it to work and changed my location to reflect Atlanta time and weather.

However, the city still says "Tacoma" on the lockscreen.

When I open the settings.xml file the only way I can edit it is to open in Microsoft Word and then resave it is an xml. When I do this, I can change the city code but I cannot change the city name??

What am I missing here. Is there a way to edit without going into word?

17. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Yes iphone 4, I do have a lot running on it, lockinfo, and others. THere may be conflict somewhere.

18. zmulleni thread starter macrumors regular

zmulleni

Locate that settings file double click and it should bring up a view only mode, then go to file and select edit. From there you should be able to edit the city name. Hopefully that does it : )

19. sdmac macrumors member

DOH:eek: I'm an idiot. Thanks for your help

20. amtrucker22 macrumors member

Grrr.... I changed my city settings and moved it over using iPhone Explorer. Selected it in Winterboard and the only thing that comes up on the lock page is the WedaPanel name.

I then just tried transferring the folder without any changes (Tacoma is still listed) and it does the same thing. I have all other themes shut down at this time. Help??

21. cgentry macrumors member

Small world, zmulleni. I work at Chapel Hill Mall!

Great lockscreen. Gonna snatch it now.

22. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

in cydia

so i just intalled this in cydia and it intalled it on my ip4, but cant seem to get it to pull up.

i ssh'd it in last night, then deleted the files via ifile just before installing ti from cydia. but now it dosnt come up. whats wrong?

23. zmulleni thread starter macrumors regular

zmulleni

ha that's awesome. I've lived in the falls for my entire life... small world indeed!

24. rmul86 macrumors 6502

how do you change the visuals from the default city of tacoma?

25. zmulleni thread starter macrumors regular

zmulleni

Click the link in the orig post and scroll down to settings. It shows you how to edit the settings file and how to pop in your zip code. If that doesn't work click the link below to find out your specific location code. Hopefully that helps!

Weather Location/City Codes:
    http://aspnetresources.com/tools/weatherIdResolver