Getting tons of calls from "+20 1" and "+1 (23) and odd numbers like that

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hankster, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I these are robocall scripts that just wait to see if a person picks up. If a person does pick up then they flag that number as 'active' and then sell it to a telemarketing company.

It was nice for Apple to add in a "block caller" feature (which I use a lot), however these scam calls are getting through nonstop. Anyone else have this issue and know a remedy?

All the calls show up on the caller ID as:

+20 1
    +1 (23 )
    +1 (1) 089

...and crap like that.

2. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i used to, after a while whoever is doing it usually gives up. just never ever pick up.

3. zyuzin4 macrumors 6502

It could be legit because sometimes when work calls me it shows up as +1 (1) 0214**** We use a VOIP system.

4. Hankster thread starter macrumors 68020

Hankster

Yes, but the numbers calling my iPhone don't have anything more than the exact numbers in my post. The caller ID only shows 3-4 digits and that's it. I know once I pick up within 30 seconds I get a call from a telemarketer.

Wish there was a way to stop or report these calls. It's stupid.

5. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

I toy with them, let them go deep into their routine then start acting stupid. Answer yes to every question. I noticed that after I did this a few times, they stopped calling. I think they put me on their no call list. LMAO

I especially enjoy when they get mad and hang up on me. Makes my day!

6. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Me and my friends used to be so cruel to Telemarketers. I actually felt so horrible for one that I ended up pitying them. One routine we'd do would be to act very serious about their offers and slowly (and seriously) just start asking questions only a nutjob would ask and here how uncomfortable they would get lol