Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daniel77

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2002
seattle, wa
ok. I will admit it. I am a pc user. But I have seen the light! i was running WIN98se and it was more reliable then other winblows OS's but i was still getting the BSOD like every other day. Augh! I am saving up for an Apple, whatever kind I can afford. so my question is basically whether I should get the 15'' fp g4, basic model, or the basic model of the ibook. that is basically my price range.
any information, comments would be appreciated.

also I am a frosh in HS

puffmarvin

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2001
NY
well it all depends on if you want portability or not. the imac is going to give you a lil bit more power, screen real estate, hard drive space, etc. youre paying for the size of the ibook. being a freshman in high school i would recommend the imac. wait until college until you get yourseld a laptop. hope that helps.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I'd go with the G4 iMac, that G4 makes a BIG difference, OS X.2 along with most other apps with run much better on a G4 than the G3 in the iBook...unless of course you NEED a portable, then of course the iBook would have to win.

daniel77

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2002
seattle, wa
thank you very much. like i said in my 1st post i am new to the mac scene! ;)

i am probably going to have to pay for part of the price of the imac myself :eek:

i went to compusa yesterday and the salesman was a complete jackass to me. I said well i am a longtime pc user interested in buying a mac for the first time. and he was so condescending it was amazing. th-is-un-ah-pul- geeee-fourrrrr. well. not that bad but I almost felt like telling him he could shove the fruit up his. anyways thanks for your help :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.