Ghost file… Cannot open, get info, or delete!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Macula, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Macula macrumors 6502

Macula

Please take a look at the attached screenshot. I was trying to uninstall the Ultralingua application, so I searched for "Ultralingua" in the Finder, and included system files in the search to ensure that plists and the like would also be tracked down.

I deleted all files except one: As you may see on the screenshot, there is one file that has
    - no name
    - no size
    - no location
    - no permission settings
    - no icon

I have included both the Finder and the "Get Info" window for that file in the screenshot.

I restarted the Finder but the issue persists.

Any thoughts? How can I delete this ghost file?

Thank you.

UPDATE: Double-clicking on the ghost file I get an error −8060. Unfortunately, I can't find anything around about this error.

Attached Files:

2. CTechKid macrumors regular

Try using an application like "What's Keeping Me" to help you out. What version of OS X are you running?

3. Macula thread starter macrumors 6502

Macula

Thanks. Unfortunately, this does not work, either. I cannot even get to drop the ghost file into What's Keeping Me… :confused:

By the way, there is no "services" entry in the contextual menu for this ghost file.

This is as much of a "ghost" file as it can get.

I am just about to log off and back on, but I'd rather avoid this as my system is currently running some tasks.