Gift for mother’s day

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pcuser2, May 5, 2008.

1. pcuser2 macrumors member

2. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Not really a good choice unless that is her style and you are positive on the size.
    a certificate to her favorite clothes store is a good one

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

My mom doesn't really care about gifts, but I think I'll make her one. Perhaps a holder for her phone or something.

Maybe I'll fix up my iBook G3 Clamshell and give it to her, since she rarely does anything on a computer, but if she needs to check on something, it'll be easier for her then to go out her to office just to check the weather.

4. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Yeah of all the things to buy your mom..a dress might not be the most interesting, let alone the size, the style, etc. What's wrong with flowers or something more creative?

5. pcuser2 thread starter macrumors member

Well I have thought about flowers also, but they don't last long. Personally I guess that should be the style for my mom. But maybe there are some other better ideas.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I made my mum a scarf.....from India......ok, from an Indian store at the mall.

I love you that much, and more!

7. pcuser2 thread starter macrumors member

I have also thought abut let my mom have a free day, I will do all the things she did.

8. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Now that is a good gift.

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I have no idea what I'm going to buy my mother....I usually buy her things for the house but I don't think she likes that much(most all of the gifts are stored in her closet) I'm gonna spice it up this year and get her....I have no idea:confused:

Bless

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

12. 7on macrumors 601

7on

13. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I was thinking a digital picture frame. But she wants us to buy flowers and plant them in the yard. I was going to get her an ipod and a transmitter for her car and fill it with her favorite songs, but I guess I get my hands dirty instead

14. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

www.ihatestevensinger.com

I got my mom 24kt. gold-dipped [real] rose from this place...Has a lifetime warranty and is supposed to last a lifetime. It's an idea.

15. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

1.) never buy anyone (especially women) clothes. If you must -- give them a gift certificate to their favrorite clothing store.

2.) You can't really go wrong with flowers, unless you make a habit out of it.

Get her something that supplements a hobby of hers. It's easier to shop for your mother than it is your girlfriend... you don't have to sweep her off of her feet. Less pressure.

I'm taking my mother, my girlfriend's mother and my friend's mother to a very nice restaurant, followed by a farmer's market.

I bought my mother seeds for some of her favorite plants, spices and veggies, and will pick up flowers as well.

16. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

I think i might buy her an ipod nano. I gave her my mini a couple of years ago and want it back now :p So ill just replace it with a [larger capacity] nano.

And also flowers. Howeever i never just get her flowers.

Perfume is a great idea. Unless your like me and give her perfume on every occasion. Its a little cliché now :D

17. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

The US and UK need to get together and pick just one date between them for Mothers day. Every year I see these threads and start to panic! :D

18. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

yeah but have you ever seen the movie "a chrsitmas story"? the part where ralphy's aunt makes him a pink bunny suit? mmmkay

19. true777 macrumors 6502a

true777

I am giving my mom a digital photo frame that matches her bedroom decor (black and chrome), pre-loaded with family pictures (scanned family pictures from the 60's and 70's and current pictures of the grandkids, Christmas, her favorite vacation pictures, etc.). I think it's a great gift.

A day at the spa or a gift certificate for her favorite hair salon or cosmetics store would also be good options. I find flowers too boring. If your mother is the practical type give her a gift certificate good for ten brushless, full-service car washes or the like.

I find a dress the gift from hell -- she'll undoubtedly hate it and never wear it, plus how could it possibly fit perfectly? DO NOT ever buy your mother a dress.

20. JoshLV macrumors regular

21. ms.gio macrumors regular

My brother and I are trying to get my mom a spa treatment.

22. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

23. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Got the wife a Nano so she can show pictures of our dogs -- our 4 Great Danes. She does play her Issue Rock (manson, perfect circle, staind, etc.) music too. She loves it.
    [​IMG]