Gingrich: Ask me nicely, or don't ask me at all

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

First of all, I think it's increasingly unlikely that Gingrich needs to be worried about participating in any debate against Obama at all.

Second, it speaks to Newt's tenuous grip on reality that he's trying to dictate rules and styles of debate when those are really set by the commission.

But mostly, this shows just how dishonest the man is, and how much disdain he has for the voters, if he thinks he can temper-tantrum his way into some kind of fuzzy-wuzzy, softball-question-filled sham of a debate.

Hey Newt...who do you want to moderate a debate? Rush Limbaugh? Simon Cowell? Pat Sajak and Vanna White? ("I don't know about you, Vanna, but I'm gonna need six or seven Margaritas before I can host this thing.")

Oh, sorry, Newt...I'm asking questions. I know how much that bothers you.

2. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

To hear him talk, Callista is measuring the whitehouse drapes as we speak.

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Would it be ok if Sean Hannity moderates the debate? :D That way we won't have two Obamas.

4. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I still cannot get why they are always spelling his name wrong. It is only three letters, and the vowel is a 'u'.

5. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Cowell seems like the most likely choice, as his performance style most closely resembles the sort of behavior Gingrich mistakes for debate.

Even entertaining the insane idea that Gingrich can make it all the way to the Presidency, what makes you so sure she'll be First Lady? She might catch the flu or something, demanding that First Lady Trixie Gingrich (née Vavoom) step in at the last minute and adopt liposuction awareness as her pet issue.

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Good Ol' Newt, trying to mould things to his liking.

Ignore him. He will be there, and good luck. ;)

Attached Files:

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I am thinking, maybe, someone like Dmitri Medvedev, or say Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, or Hu Jin Tao. A mod who has no English would be ideal.

8. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That cartoon is hilarious...because it's so true. :D

9. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

10. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Enough with the silliness, that would be illegal

11. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That's the contradiction of Newt Gingrich. He's supposed to be so smart and he's supposed to be a historian, and yet he keeps making these absurd statements.

I honest to god think the man's a little loco, and I don't mean just politically. His former staff certainly thought so when they resigned en masse because he went on a Greek vacation when he was supposed to be campaigning. The man's erratic. This is supposed to be presidential timber?

12. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Sure they are absurd but I don't think they are anything but calculated. The republican party has made a lot of hay with the concept of bias against conservatives, especially when it comes to the media. Likewise stating that he is keen for 7 debates (when reality dictates 3) further cultivates an aggressive confident image against other runners that supporters gobble up. It's true bravado: all talk, no risk of having to follow through as he can complain about the repressive Comission of Electoral Debates keeping him down - another thing republicans rally against: perceived excessive governmental bureaucracy.

13. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Pinkos!

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Waiting to see if the media keeps lobbing softballs to Obama this campaign.

15. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

As Stephen Colbert so aptly put it: "Clearly, the facts have a liberal bias."

Popular conservatives (not all, just the sheep) are so wrapped up in the "liberal media conspiracy" that they actually view sensationalist entertainment programs like Rush Limbaugh and Fox News as "unbiased reporting."

It's really very disturbing to hear people explain the "liberal bias."

Personally, if I want unbiased reporting, or at least as unbiased as possible, I use AP Newswire. It is, after all, the source Fox News gets their stories from when they're not making them up.

----------

http://youtu.be/ksrchoTWdzU

:eek:

(the movie is actually a great low-budget conspiracy mockumentary)

16. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

[​IMG]

You are in urgent need of a satire transplant.