Gingrich Blames Virginia Tech Tragedy On Liberalism

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Apr 22, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

video and transcript of today's comments are on the page.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I wish people would just blame themselves. If people would have just reached out to the loners of these shootings, we may have been able to stop the shootings from happening or even being planned. Instead, we make fun of and mock those that are different.

It certainly isn't one political parties fault. This is just a politician slinging his own crap at the another.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Gingrich was pretty Liberal himself when he was able to avoid serving his country during Nam. If you cant serve your own country during a war what the heck does that say about you. Just another loudmouth Republican with no character,integrity or even patriotism. Gingrich,Cheney,Libbey,Limbaugh, Bush Jr ...... all made of the same cloth. Fortunate sons.

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

"Stunningly degrading to women"

I wonder what his ex-wives think about him riding his high horse on that charge.

5. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

When will this hypocritical piece of **** realize that his time has come and gone. He's only truly welcome these days on Faux News, which should, along with Herr Gingrich, be relegated to the dustbin of history once this administration is finally and thankfully out of office.

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

This is kind of messed up, but I hope that the people who died in this tragedy were all people who are extreme right wingers who were all for the right to own a gun. Because if everyone in america can have as many guns as they want, this is what happens.

7. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Zwhaler, just what is a "right winger" Somebody who disagrees with you? I should die just because I own a gun? That I believe in a certain manner about the meaning of a part of our Constitution? That I see it that you have rights equal to my own?

I don't know that I could be called a right-winger, but I'm mostly conservative in my views. Regardless, I don't wish evil on those who disagree with me. That would, itself, be evil.

'Rat

8. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i agree, that's kind of messed up.

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Not "kind of messed up", but "completely messed up" and "totally uncalled for" to boot.

10. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

I don't wish death on anyone - right, left or center.

I admit I don't feel bad when the consequences of actions/views hit those who hold such views - good or bad. If someone believes in hard work getting you riches, and they find themselves rich - well, I don't feel bad for them. I do feel bad, if they don't get rich despite hard work. If someone believes in Bush and the Iraq war and gets killed while murdering innocent people - I don't feel bad for them. If someone is against the war, but gets killed in it anyway, I feel bad for them.

That still doesn't mean I wish anything bad to happen to anyone.

11. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I took Zwhaler's remark as an attempt to say that it would be a sad lesson for those who refuse to support any form of gun control, if they were the victims in this tragedy. Not sure there is a way to make that come across right.

12. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Dear Mr. Gingrich,

Don't you think it's about time for you to shut your cake hole?

Very sincerely,

IJ Reilly

13. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Dear Mr. Reilly,

Yes.

Thank you,

Newt

14. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Gingrich getting more and more radical now, guess all those "commentator" coats are just coverups.

15. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Uh, liberals with guns... that's a new one.

Gingrich is pretty much lost now. I doubt anyone remembers him from the heyday of the Clinton era.

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Hmmm....I can hear Keith saying it now...."Newt Gingrich....Today's WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD!!!!!" :D

17. aquajet macrumors 68020

:D

To paraphrase, this is the same Gingrich who called Spanish a "ghetto language," IIRC. I was listening to a few folks discuss this comment on NPR a week or so ago, and I think one woman summed it up by calling him a "buffoon". Personally, I just think he's an ***hole.

18. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

More or less. The appeal of the man escapes me. And to think, some regard him as potential presidential material. Who are these people?

19. aquajet macrumors 68020

I don't know. But I'm guessing they don't speak Spanish.

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Damn, liberals are way more powerful than I imagined. I had no idea they could force people to go on killing rampages.

Why do I not have such powers?