Ginsburg failing health

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Sep 16, 2018.

1. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

2. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Can you point me to a discussion of this issue that doesn’t require that I visit a racist website like American Thinker?

3. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Huh? How are they racist? Got Proof? So only links to liberal websites are allowed here?

4. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Unlike the American Thinker, there are plenty of conservative web sites that do not publish and praise overt racists like Jared Taylor and Pam Geller.

5. pacmacman Suspended

pacmacman

What, you were expecting a rational source for a “Hopefully Ginsburg Dies” piece?

To the OP: you’re dreaming if you think Trump will get a 3rd conservative pick to replace Ginsburg. As it is he’s only got another 2 years in office.

6. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

If he does hopefully Democrats will respect the process and not act with, or incite any kind of violence, or dissidence. We're all civilized here...

7. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Everyone has a time to retire or die. I find it a bit troubling how partisan the Supreme Court and it’s nomination processes have become. Giving Trump, or any POTUS, the power to nominate 3 conservative justices is a little concerning. As a moderate, I value relatively equal representation on both sides. Theoretically, the Supreme Court court should not be wielded as a partisan political tool, but we all know that’s not really the reality anymore.

8. raqball macrumors 68000

Good luck with that if what we've seen from them over the past 2-years is any indication of what to expect..

9. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

“Respect the process”? You mean like refusing to even hold a hearing for a well-qualified nominee like Merrick Garland?

I certainly hope that if the Democrats somehow get the majority in the Senate this November, they had better not approve a single Trump Supreme Court nominee. The Republicans stole one seat and the Democrats need to make it even.

10. pacmacman Suspended

pacmacman

Yes, we understand it is Conservetives preference that women and minorities accept the drive to deprive them of personhood quietly and with decorum.

11. raqball macrumors 68000

Reminds me children arguing over why their sibling got 3 more french fries than they did.... :rolleyes:

12. pacmacman Suspended

pacmacman

If Dems manage to take the senate back, there will no Trump nominee that makes it to the SC. Won’t even be on the table. Dems like keeping their jobs too and if the blue wave is big enough to give them the senate, it means the American people are telling them to block Trump.

In fact, if the Dems take both houses, it means Trump’s term essentially ends after this November. He won’t get anything he wants. MAGA! ;)

13. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really now?:rolleyes:

14. raqball macrumors 68000

IF..... IF.... IF.....

IF they don't and he gets a 3rd pick will liberals go into a deeper meltdown mode?

15. pacmacman Suspended

pacmacman

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

You're still under the impression it's just "liberals" who dislike Trump. He is wildly unpopular throughout the country. Picking a conservative to replace Ginsburg would be too much, too far. Blue Republicans won't vote to confirm. Trump is too poisonous to provide cover.

And as far as meltdowns go, it's not liberals who keep reminding everyone they have guns if things don't go their way.

16. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Hey, now that Kavanaugh’s accuser has gone public, passed a polygraph, and has documented evidence that she told her therapist about the assault years ago, Trump might not even get a second justice. We can only hope.

17. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Good point. We have threads in this forum that even express that sentiment:

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...of-violence-if-gop-loses-in-november.2134416/

Or worse, he even claims that it will be his voter's fault if he gets impeached, and to get ready to fight:

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-get-impeached-it-will-be-your-fault.2135779/

That said, if Kavanaugh gets confirmed, the Reds will definitely be losing the house, and quite possibly the Senate.

What does her being a Democrat have to do with sexual assault or attempted rape?

Your partisanship is showing worse than a mother baby bump with septuplets.

BL.

18. raqball macrumors 68000

Ford, a 51-year-old registered Democrat who has published in academic journals and trains students in clinical psychology, described the alleged incident on Sunday, saying it occurred at a Maryland house gathering. Ford claimed she headed upstairs to a bathroom when she was suddenly pushed onto a bed, as rock-and-roll music blared.

However, Ford told The Post she did not recall exactly who owned the house, how she came to be at the house, or how the gathering was arranged. She remembered only that the house was in Montgomery County, near a country club, and that parents were not present.

So she remembers nothing except for the who and what?

I mean c'mon man.....

IF it did happen then he does not need to be on the court however I find it incredibly convenient that she can't remember a darn thing....

19. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Source of this? Parts of the notes from a therapist in 2012? Really? There's no way that couldn't have been just made up, right?

https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/christine-blasey-ford/

"Ford says she didn’t tell anyone about the event until 2012, when she was in a couples therapy. The Washington Post received parts of the notes from that couples therapy session, which note Ford talking about an attack from “an elitist boys’ school”, attackers who were “highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington.”

Ford’s husband, Russell Ford, has confirmed this recollection, telling The Washington Post that he remembers her talking about a “rape attempt” and explicitly mentioned Kavanaugh’s name and her concerns about his being nominated to the Supreme Court one day."

20. appleisking macrumors 6502a

I definitely do not want trump to have three conservative picks on the Supreme Court. I hope all those Non conservatives who voted for trump because he isn’t Hillary are happy cuz they really ****ed up.

21. raqball macrumors 68000

Next up......... Kavanaugh stole a juice pack in the 1st grade however the accuser can't remember if it was Kavanaugh or if it was even a juice pack........

22. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Yes, those notes. Based on what I have read about her and her accusations, she’s highly credible, and the Republicans now should, at a minimum, thoroughly investigate her accusations before voting on Kavanaugh.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2018 ---
    And you wonder why people call Trump supporters deplorable.

23. raqball macrumors 68000

Yeah because when someone can't remember facts that can be verified and they only remember what cant be verified it makes complete sense right? Not to mention the last second hail mary to derail the process....

Also, Monica Lewinsky called and she'd like that kind of liberal outrage to be on her side....

24. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

So, supposedly her and her husband where seeing a therapist 6 years ago. She fesses up that Kavanaugh tried to rape her in HS, then she said she's worried about Kavanaugh becoming SCOTUS to the therapist? Why would she be thinking about him becoming a justice, when she's trying to work on her marriage? Also, how convenient a therapist has kept the "notes" he/she scrawled on 6 years ago.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2018 ---

So if any conservative gets accused of a past crime by someone who appears to be credible, he, or she is automatically guilty?

25. raqball macrumors 68000

I don't doubt that a therapist would keep notes but my problem is she remembers what can't be verified and can't remember what can be....

If it can't pass the smell test, it probably stinks...