Girl on iPhone texts Dad a little too much info! eeew...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whlphil, Feb 4, 2009.

1. whlphil macrumors member

Girl away at Summercamp texted her Dad with a bit too much personal info! lmao

Big txt fail

to be honest i've done something similar to this on my iPhone although thankfully not as embarrassing as this one.

Anyone else done this?

2. Le0 macrumors newbie

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

how many iPhones were there in '04?
    But that is really old...

aaaaaaand
    FAKE

4. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

it's not hard to change one of your contact names to Dad for a quick text then take a picture and change it back. but still, the thought of that is funny and would absolutely SUCK for whoever the kid was that sent it to their dad.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

So you failed to read my comment that debunked this?

6. whlphil thread starter macrumors member

Fake! well not from me

Well i know what you mean, i found this on Failblog so it could well be but I have done something very similar myself, and i didnt realize until one of the guys on site came up to me and shoved his phone under my nose and said 'I dont think you meant this for me'

by the way mine was something to do with underwear colors and teeth blah blah blah - still embarassing and a bit too easy to do on iPhone!

Surely I cant be the only one?

7. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

ya i've seen this like 5 times already...hahaha :-/ not really

8. DarthTreydor macrumors 6502

I've definitely texted the wrong person with my iPhone before. Nothing that embarassing or awkward. But it's happened.

9. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

how can one assume she is talking about her virginity, thats what I dont get, it could have just been her first visit to a beach and she wanted her friend to know about it!

10. whlphil thread starter macrumors member

Innocence

Oooh awwww bless you are innocent arent you! lol

11. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

no definately not innocent, just real!

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it would suck even worse to be the dad. don't ask me how I know.

13. Acronym macrumors 68000

fake or not (doesnt mater) were that to happen that would suck big time. on many occasions i have texted the wrong person nothing emberrassing but still it can happen

14. jc1350 macrumors 6502a

I forget the URL, but the story started on a site similar in nature to The Onion. The site claimed they put it out to see how far the story would spread before anyone did any real checking (apparently even news papers and tv stations ran it without vetting it).

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I've seen this before and have always wondered if this was a real story or something someone just made up.

16. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It seems like now some 80 or 90% of the FAIL pictures are fakes.... :( They're still funny. :p

17. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

that would suck and I would definitely try to play if off as I was talking about something else.

18. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

I knew it was fake because who really uses the txt shortcuts (gr8, u, 1st) on the iphone? It would be more work to type those than the words spelled out.

funny all the same lol

19. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yeah! :confused: Who says that this just wasn't her first time on a beach ever, and her dad is just thalassophobic?

That's equally plausible given the words of the text... seriously.

20. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I have seen this picture before. It was posted here in MR in a thread in which the OP was requesting the x (Cancel) feature to stop wrongly sent text message from being sent. As we all know, once you hit send, you can't stop the text, unless you turn it off.

Then again I saw this picture in Failblog, was funny the 1st time around, so the 2nd cracked a smile.

Then I saw this on 4chan. 1st time is great laugh, 2nd good smile, and now the third is, well, over kill and not funny anymore.

21. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I've also seen this a couple times here on Mac Rumors. Each one had a different story, but it's still funny.

22. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

even if it were about her virginity, im curious why the op put "eeew...." in the title lol

23. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

It could have been her first time visiting the beach? who the hell says "wish you were here" when talking about loosing their virginity? :rolleyes:

24. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I've never seen this before but wow it is great. Even if this one isn't actually true, I'm sure stuff very close to this happens all the time. I've never done anything this bad before, but I have accidently texted the wrong girl asking her to meet me at the bar I was at. It wouldn't be so bad if the girl wasn't my ex! It also would have been better if she didn't come.

25. DocNYz macrumors 6502a

DocNYz

Worse definitely has happened than this, let me just say - don't ever text anyone when on hallucinogens.

Also, if you text people too quickly (at least with the old iPhone firmware) and hit back before the message is completely sent and then click on another person's messages while the first is still sending, it sometimes ends up going to the wrong person (which can very easily be a parent).