Girl on rant about how the iPhone is a consipracy to control the human brain video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Schnebar, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Schnebar macrumors 6502

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

3. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Some of the things she says make sense, although she is a little misguided. She isn't against the iPhone in particular, just that we rely on technology a lot. And not that it will control us, but that our brains will fall into a sort of disrepair. Maybe somebody should buy her a Nintendo DS with Brain Age. I think this is what she wants. Now if only they made it for the iPhone...

4. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

No, she's insane.

5. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

It may be too late for her brain. Although the kids who try to scream over her do sound pretty brainwashed. Maybe too much acid for her and not enough for them? LOL

6. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This was posted right after the iPhone was released.
    She has some good points but worst of all is how she was received or shall I say ridiculed?

8. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I agree, the young guys shouting over her like zombies. Funny and sad.

9. Giies macrumors member

i watched that awhile ago, it was funny, although i do agree with some of the thing she said.

10. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Well, after about 10 seconds, I had to stop the video. In that brief impression, I heard screeching fanboys shouting against the wind at a 60 year old woman. A slurring cameraman who sounded like he had a different meaning of "convert" in mind. And the howling of a screeching fanboy, "OH MY GAWWWDDDD IT'S A COMPUTTTTTEEEER!!!!!!!!!!" that has left my eardrums scratched, bloodied and bruised.

And I'm sitting here left to wonder, "Who was the crazy one supposed to be?" Which naturally transitions into the statement, "These people get their kicks off the mentally unstable and the eldlerly. And they're proud of it."

If only all our targets were so simple, right? Kudos.

11. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

There is a fine line between genius and insanity...

Not to say that she's a brilliant person, but who is to say she's insane? She has a different point of view on how technology should be used contrary to most people. So what? That's not a big deal to me, and in fact, I respect that. The only people driving me nuts in this video were the people shouting insults and lame comebacks at her.

12. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Did you watch the whole thing? She pointed to one guy in the crowd and said that he was an alien. She then started talking about how the CD-ROM was shutting down because the Hare Krishnas chant "Jay Rom, Jay Jay Rom" in their temples every day.

I'm leaning towards insane...

13. pianodude123 macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

lol... "they've upgraded the cell phones to higher pixels, they call it..."

14. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I did watch the whole thing, but I don't remember that part. I don't see how that justifies making fun of her or because of that means everything she says is insane.

15. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Santa Barbara ... home of the craziest people I've ever met. Well, actually there was that Jesus guy in Bakersfield, but this lady totally beats him out.

16. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

You have to wonder, who is more "damaged"? The fan boys all agreeing in a mob mentality, yelling and picking on her, or the older hippie brain aging towards conspiracy theory.

17. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

easy way to find out.

Give them all some lithium and see who stops engaging in the behavior.

18. yotaguy macrumors member

i think id rather be "brainwashed" and need technology to function than live in fear and worry about a stupid conspiracy.....

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

wow i have noticed that anything like this, whether this or people who preach on campuses that the crowd always reacts the same.

human nature is so predictable (if one is able to manipulate this to their advantage would be the ultimate power)

20. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

"And when the CD Rom breaks down, they'll take control"
    "They also have these things called hard drives"

Mmmm yeh I think she knows what she's talking about :D

Although I agree with others, that maybe we are relying on computers too much. Maybe we rely on the people growing our food too much as well? Or the people in the medical industry keeping us from becoming victims of plagues?

21. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i think the movie The Net is kinda what she is refering to

22. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Seriously - I'm with you 100% on this. I made it about 15 seconds, though, wish I had stopped at 12.

My brain says: "I need some advil."

23. thespazz macrumors 6502a

Wow. Just. Wow. Although I've seen my fair share of protesters and people arguing with them, this was absurd. This lady was simply speaking her mind. Were she at a college campus she would not have received such an immature and brash treatment. Disgusts me at how simple minded our society has become.

24. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

What you had was a person who deliberately sought out a captive audience. The people in line could not walk away from her without losing their positions in line for the iPhone.

What she did was rude.

I personally would have just ignored her unlesss she got in my face, but what you have here is one of the classics in life that I love to comment on.

You have someone (the woman) acting rudely. You then have a choice to make.

You either a) tolerate her rudeness or b) must act rudely in order to serve notice that her behavior is rude.

It's a choice with no fun option as you either let someone be rude and must be rude yourself in reaction.

Perhaps next time she should give her rant to people who are free to come and go as they please and she will find a more positive response.

25. mithun914 macrumors member

LOL jay jay rom

lol the chant jai jai ram( ram is god) not jay jay rom lolll this is too much !