Girl sexual abuse by organized religion strong as ever.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Apr 27, 2016.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Getting to the point (and can’t spend hours on this), organized religion is still actively abusing girls from puberty to adulthood, destroying millions of lives, and America (land of free) is one of the biggest sources of abuse.

It is not overt abuse, but repressive and emotional abuse (e.g.: shaming) at worldwide institutionalized levels, and it is all focused to subdue the female and make them a sexual toy for males in most parts of the world (including USA). Yes, I am dropping the reason like an A-bomb, and making is sound like it is everywhere.

But it is!

Even those readers who are more concerning and open minded to talk about sex are influenced by the sub-conscious effects of organized religion.

Now, let me be clear, it is not necessarily the religion itself! The Bible for instance does not once mention masturbation, but it is vilified using loose interpretations, many out of context, some stretched to point of lunacy. Nudity is also vilified, however God made Adam and Eve nude, lived happily in Eden nude with God’s blessing (also often depicted naked). It was only after disobeying God’s rule eating the “fruit of knowledge”, might I add “the original sin”, did trouble and covering up (ie: hiding) begin (eating the fruit is actually a trespass, a far, far more important subject in Christian religion).

So what is happening is these (supposedly) religious people are repeating ancient dogma designed to suppress females to be subservient to men, not unlike slaves. Think about it, there is plenty of examples of action harmful to women who where victims, not the criminal.

Example 1
    from NPR news (I have heard of similar types for years, this is just latest)
    Brigham Young Students Claim University Punished Rape Victims For Reporting

Example 2:
    Clinical psychologist Peggy Orenstein interview dozens, maybe hundreds of girls, and reports the suppression of girls sexual development. Latest and more personal reports of what has been reported for decades. It is striking (not really) in her interviews with American girls they are far more likely to be coerced into sex at far younger age (14 year old), opposite to European countries where open discussion of sex yet has much delayed sexual activity (17).

These 2 topics in last 5 days, but easy to find many more such articles.

I don’t have time to continue to this, but will look when I can.
    Reiterate, suppressing sex education for girls (and boys) is promoting sexual abuse.

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Well, certain percentages of society can't stomach the basic truth that women are generally superior to men. It's even in the Bible. Eve is humanity 2.0. History is littered with insecure men trying to rectify this fact. Btw, I'm a man and using a broad brush...

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

4. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

*lol* the self fulfilling prophecy called female or male superiority. Please continue. I need something to laugh.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 27, 2016 ---
    No, you just ignore human behavior.

5. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Let's see how long before someone posts men are as or worse off then women.

6. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

I've seen threads similar to this in other forums. Talking point or just lazy?

7. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

8. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

They actually are, especially in the west, do you know that male genital mutilation was pushed in the west to stop little boys from masturbating? Do you know that it is still legal to mutilate the genitals of boys in the west?

http://www.whale.to/a/circumcision1.html

by a few cult members that society that have no public support

vs

Hacking little baby penis, which no one gives a dame **** about.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    First off, circumcision, while somewhat unnecessary, is hardly gross mutilation. Secondly, it's fallen out of favor in Europe, and is slowly but surely losing support here in the states. So it's not true that no one gives a damn about it.

Thirdly, these two topics have nothing to do with each other.

10. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Firstly, it is
    secondly, it is still legal and should be banned, I await any presidential candidate openly appose it.
    Thirdly, I have no idea what the POINT of the OP is, religion sucks tell me something that I don't know.
    One of the main reason male genital mutilation became big was to repress male masturbation. So there is some relation to the OP

11. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Yeah, you can read some pretty nasty things about Ultra Orthodox Jews and how they treat their women when it comes to things like rape.

Fortunately these issues generally are confined to very small sects of ultra religious and they majority of religious people I believe are good. Sometimes I think these organizations are more cults than religions. In reality there are a few bad apples in the vast cohort of "religious people" who use their position and power to influence the naive and suggestable, or to protect their institution. Not too different than colleges/universities have handled such things in the past.

Before we go painting the world black and white I suggest we keep in mind there are also many other rapists who are not affiliated with a religious institution. I would suspect there are more rapists in the world who are not religious. Sadly such organizations often have the power and influence over victims to keep them quiet.

I think its silly to suggest modern, mainstream religions in civilized countries promote or indoctrinate rape. In terms of the Catholic Preist scandals, many studies suggest there are no more abusers in the Catholic Church than any other denomination and probably no more than the regular population. The real problem is with how the Catholic Church dealt with known issues.

12. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

oh, please...it's been well documented (though not conclusive) that much of Islamic extremism comes from a bunch of sexually-repressed guys who don't know how to handle/approach women. I'd say the same applies to the OP. Men are stubborn idiots...feel free to laugh - I don't find it particularly funny myself.

13. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Burka are terrible cockblockers

14. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Not to mention performing circumcisions with their teeth.

15. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Nothing wrong with giving an 8 day old baby boy herpes.

16. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Hahhahahhaah nooooo. The cutting is done with surgical instruments. I believe you're talking about Metzitzah B'Peh, where the mohel sucks the blood in the wound caused in the process. Actually, despite as disgusting and unnecessary as this is given today's technology, a lot of evidence says sucking the wound (assuming we were living in a non-modern society), would help to prevent clot formation and infection based on how blood vessels behave once severed. Ugh why do I even know this stuff?

One time I convinced this kid (23 YO?) that Jews saved the foreskin, preserved them in a jar, passed them down from generation to generation, and displayed them on the mantel, etc. Years later thinking about that joke I still have to laugh to myself.

17. Meister Suspended

Meister

Are you being sarcastic?

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Funny we are focusing on Catholicism and the bible in this thread, any mention of Islam yet? The worst religion in the world for treating women like ****/killing them for getting out of line and not a peep.

19. Meister Suspended

Meister

This thread just reaks of sexism and misandry.

A lot of this going on here lately.

Time to start a another thread about Hitlary's psycho-cackle.

20. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Actually, there is a lot of support for such abuse.

Brigham Young Students Claim University Punished Rape Victims is one example of the ongoing sexual demonization of girls.

It is also not that hard to see boys are also subject to abuse.

Its all about most religions suppression of sexual discussion.
    Most time it is by very define very limited times sex is permissible, to making sex "a pain women must burden to serve their husband", to outright equating sex with the devil.

Most of the readers here can see though the lunacy, but for billions of people they think its real and continue to suppress girls by making them think because they have a vagina they are only good to make babies.

(Its a grand irony how many (false) religious leader say sex (and women) are sin, yet it is vital for a healthy society.)

21. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Causation vs correlation, a religion being hush hush on sex because it's personal won't always stop nasty people from exploiting that fact to molest or rape, knowing the victims will not talk. Hell, there are people who can be conditioned to think all that is okay and as such are no less victims themselves because they're taught to believe it's okay. The nasty people taking advantage seem closer to the problem than the institution having a loophole.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 28, 2016 ---
    I want them both. *slurp* o_O

22. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

It is a major operation with a lengthy recovery time. Most dudes I know who have been circumcised tells me they couldn't walk for 9 to 13 months after the operation.:eek::eek::eek: Granted, they were all circumcised as babies.:p

23. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I brought up Catholocism because it's the more common issue that's in the media. I also mentioned religions of modern, civilized countries (I.e. Not most of the most the Middle East).

24. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Yes: