Girl Throwns iPhone At Police, Then Gets attacked

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by OnlyOneThatEver, Mar 2, 2009.

1. OnlyOneThatEver macrumors member

2. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

3. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

The term is 'Chris Brown'd'.

As in -
    "The rowdy spectators were Chris Brown'd, following the ball game."

4. OnlyOneThatEver thread starter macrumors member

read the comments, friends from her school claim that she was arrested for assaulting a police officer with an iPhone while being questioned about a school fight earlier that day. Thats why she was taken into custody.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

His point is that a 15 year old girl in a jail cell got beat up by the police, who are supposed to use force to defend themselves, not to beat up people they've already captured.

Hardly "LMAO" material, even if it involved an iPhone.

6. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

Im not sure whats more disturbing, the video or the grammar used in the comments on that site. Being a former corrections officer that is the farthest thing from what you should do in that situation. This man obviously cant control his temper and shouldn't hold a position of that capacity. On another note how is this relevant to the iphone

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Rihanna'd?
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BTW, do you try to start threads that end up in the Wasteland or is it a natural talent?

8. Ekelon macrumors newbie

This was an 8-year police officer. That girl had to of done and said something really bad for her to get that treatment lol. Owned? And for him to hit her twice after she was already cuffed... that girl must've gotten to him good haha. I guess that was an attitude check for the girl and a temper check for the guy.

9. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

definately a temper check and he has none whatsoever, i have been called some of the most horrible stuff ever and had the most obscene threats screamed at me and ive never flat out assaulted an inmate, male or female.

10. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Lol?

Fscking LOL?!

A girl gets beaten by someone much stronger and more dangerous than herself and you fscking laugh at it? What the hell is wrong with you?

11. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

I wonder if the people who find it funny would be laughing if they were watching a video of him doing that to their mum, sister, girlfriend? Because if they don't, then they're hypocrites. It's only funny when it's happening to someone else. Idiots.

Some are aware, I've worked in psychiatric nursing for many years (left now) and consequently have been in exactly the same situation hundreds of times* and I agree with the corrections officer above. There's no excuse for that. If he believed she was going to attack him, which there is absolutely no evidence of (particularly considering her arms are crossed), he could simply have shut the door.

edit: btw, hitting someone doesn't generally change their attitude for the better, it makes them more angry. Nice try though.

AppleMatt
    *they never pick a fight in a nice open space, with lots of room and staff. It's always in an airlock (so people can't get in), down a narrow corridor, in a doorway, next to a table etc. Nightmare.

12. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

That's disgusting behavior. There's no excuse for that behavior. When she kicked her shoe at him, he should have just added it to the list of offenses and done the proper paperwork. If he wanted to "get back" at her, he could have just kept the shoes as evidence.

It might be funny if she did that to another civilian and got decked but this is a police officer. He's paid not to do things like that.

13. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

We saw what she had done and there is nothing she could have said that should warrant that level of violent abuse. He should not only lose his job, he should be put in prison for that.

I don't normally request this but I feel the thread title is in bad taste. Firstly Rihanna was seemingly a victim of violent abuse from her boyfriend and secondly this is a video of vile actions by a officer of the law. May I suggest that the title is changed to something more appropriate? Perhaps something like 'Police officer attacks girl'.

14. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

She shouldn't have been beaten up, that was wrong of the police officer to react that way.

Then again, she shouldn't have kicked a shoe at him...

15. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Eh, seen the vid a few days ago, and I've seen much worse, anyone who was at Reading (IIRC) a few years ago when the police started torching trees, whilst people where hiding in them, because the police were senselessly beating anyone they could find, can testify to that...

On further thought I don't think it was Reading :p

16. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

It was the lightest of flicks from a petulant kid. Whilst technically she shouldn't have done it, it's not the biggest crime in the world, is it.

17. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

(She will have been told to remove her shoes by the way - ligature risk)

AppleMatt

18. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

The girl was arrested for stealing a car, not for a fight at school. And she kicked her shoe at the cop, she did not throw an iPhone at him.

IMO, the cop was way out of line. There was no reason to beat her like that. He should be thrown in jail for assault, and child endangerment. And I think the OP has some issues if he/she thought that this incident was funny. It was disturbing, to watch someone abuse their power like that cop did.

Don

19. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Maybe they were extremely insulted RIM shareholders.

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

There's never a "reason" for a cop to beat anybody period. And this isn't funny.

This title should be changed to "more police beatings".

21. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

What good 15 year old gets arrested and kicks their shoe at the police; that's a recipe for disaster.

22. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

That's what kids do and any "trained" cop should know that.

23. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Are you trying to justify these vile actions?

She flicked her shoe out of the door and got viciously assaulted. She got her head smashed against the wall, lifted up by her hair and punched in the head by a grown man.

24. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

There is absolute NO EXCUSE for that. What a disgusting bully that cop is. I hope he loses his job and gets hit back with an assault charge. Psycho.