Girlfriend got new iPad, can I transfer credit from her Apple ID to mine?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jreamsnyder, Sep 18, 2012.

1. jreamsnyder macrumors member

I've had a iphone/ipod touches for a while now, and have purchased a ton of things with my Apple ID. My girlfriend recently moved in and got an Ipad, and has some remaining credit on her apple ID. She has hardly bought anything with her Apple ID so we are just going to use mine for both devices. Is there any way to transfer all the credit from her ID to mine? It's an odd number, $13.95, and the only way I know of is to have her gift me a gift certificate. Problem is you can only do it in $10 chunks, so I can't get all the credit over that way. Any other way to do this?

I know its only 4 bucks but it would be nice to have anyway.

Thanks!

2. LeeNH macrumors regular

LeeNH

[/COLOR]
    When you are ordering an app or song in the app on your desired device, hit cancel when the box comes up to enter your Apple ID password. When it comes up again, enter her Apple ID and her password and it will be paid for through her account.

3. Codepiink macrumors regular

Or she can "gift" the apps to you. Just another option...

4. jreamsnyder thread starter macrumors member

Just tried that w/ a $.99 song, doesn't work. Even though she has gift card credit on her ID, it charged her credit card anyway. After more searching I found this in Apples terms:

"Gift Certificates, iTunes Cards, Content Codes, and Allowances, in addition to unused balances, are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund (except as required by law); exchanged; resold; used to purchase Gifts, Gift Certificates, or iTunes Cards; used to provide Allowances; used for purchases on the Apple Online Store; or used in Apple Retail Stores. Unused balances are not transferable."

So it appears I may be screwed, UNLESS, I could try as someone mentioned, signing in w/ her ID on my device, purchasing whatever, and it should be on my device, right? My concern comes to when i sign back in to my ID on my device. Will I have the proper authorization to play the song on my device that I purchased with her ID? For example, everytime I want to play that one song or use that one app, will I have to enter her Apple ID and password? I also am concerned about it messing up the syncing with my computers itunes, which is signed in w/ my ID...

Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

5. PurplePanda56 macrumors newbie

If you purchase apps on her account you should be fine, it'll just ask for her account's password whenever you go to update it though. But otherwise it should work perfectly.

And with songs you shouldn't have to enter a password as long as you authorized your computer you use to play it with.