Girlfriend lost her Nano, I want to buy her a new one.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by neoelectronaut, Aug 1, 2010.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

Long story short: My girlfriend lost her iPod nano yesterday. The best we can guess is that it was sitting in her lap/on her leg and when she got out of my car it fell to the ground and she didn't realize it.

Short story long: It was a 3G Pink iPod nano. She loved the thing, and it was actually a valentine's day present from me from two years ago. She's devastated, though I doing my best to console her and tell that it's only an iPod. These things happen in life. It sucks but it happens.

I realize new Nanos will be unveiled within 60 days but that's not a big deal, I want to get her something now. Now when I got her the iPod she was set on the 3G even through the 4G had been out for about 7 months at this point. I was going to get her a new/refurb 3G but they all seem to be just as expensive ( or more so ) than the 5G new/refurb units.

So any places you guys recommend to pick up a new/refurb iPod Nano? I see Buy.com has a refurb 8GB 5G for $98.99, but how reliable is Buy.com on refurbs? Apple has 'em for $99 but I have to pay tax there.

Thoughts?

2. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

I have no experience with buy.com, but I think the Apple warranty alone would be worth the ~$10 for tax.

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Apple-iPod-Na..._PortableAudio_MP3Players&hash=item1c1411627b

ebay is a good start if you want to get the exact model again. It would probably be sweeter if you got the exact same one she had, if like my girlfriend (who has the 2nd gen nano), she's not going to be interested in having the largest storage or having to have a warranty, she just wants her ipod again.

Get her a pink 3g from ebay, that's your best bet.

4. emaja macrumors 68000

Buy yourself a new Mac and get the iPod free - LOL!

Seriously, I have no experience with buy.com, but all my iPods have been refurbs from Apple and they have been flawless.

5. tonywang.xmpt macrumors member

A new iPod isn't really that expensive.
    Just go buy a brand new one. :]

6. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...was it actually pink or a "product red" nano?

When the 5th gen nano's came out our base had about 150 of the product red 8Gb nano's in stock and I got one of them for $25 (couldn't pass that up even if it was only 8Gb)!