Girlfriend orders iPhone 5, how do I transfer to my account? Will I keep Unlimited?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xerenthar, Sep 27, 2012.

1. xerenthar macrumors 6502

Right now, two separate accounts, both with unlimited data.

Her: iPhone 3GS, unl. data
    Me: iPhone 4S, unl. data

She uses her upgrade to order an iPhone 5.

Her: iPhone 4S (w/ her iPhone 3GS SIM) - does she keep unlimited data?
    Me: iPhone 5 (w/ ???? do I have to go to AT&T?) - and do I keep unlimited data?

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

This gets asked every few hours with a new message thread.

The data plan is tied to a phone number, not the phone.

The phone is NOT tied to a phone number - contract wise.

There are instructions on the ATT website.

And, you better be nice to her. She will not be able to upgrade for about 2 years. Long after she kicks you out - LOL!

3. spades1412 macrumors 6502

You both keep Unlimited data no matter what, unless of course you choose to move off of it. AT&T will not force either of you off of it.

Girlfriend buys phone under her account and uses her upgrade. Once the phone comes, go to an AT&T store. Bring both phones. Since it is two separate accounts, you both need to go unless you are authorized to make changes to her account or vise versa.

You will need to have the 5 activated under your account. They will need to get you a new nano sim for the 5.

Since she is moving to the 4S from a 3GS, she will need a new micro sim activated on her account in the 4S.

Your contract status remains unchanged while hers is increased another 2 years.

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

You'd better be making some elaborate Valentine's Day plans for the next couple of years, too. :D