Girlfriend recieved broken iPhone from Apple online store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Achillias, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achillias, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011

Achillias macrumors regular

I just can't believe it, my gf bought a iPhone 4S last week from the applestore. She just recieved it today from TNT, after unsealing the box she had the shock of here life. A iPhone with a broken glass? How the **** is this even possible? Do the have some blind employers in there company. How can this even past there department? Could this actually happen while transporting it from there factory to my country.

Anyone else has this kind of experience in the past? The supportline was closed in the afternoon local (Dutch) time. So we didn't call them yet. What to do.

2. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

pics or it didn't happen...

Seriously, sorry to hear that, but it probably broke during transportation, once it was already sealed, so no one could have known. Hopefully you don't waste too much time getting a replacement

3. Achillias, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011

Achillias thread starter macrumors regular

It's just redicilous. You should expect some care while transporting. Anyone know how to handle this with a random call center employer from the Apple helpdesk?

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I have never heard of this happening ... Call them

5. marc11 macrumors 68000

Seriously this was the shock of her life and your first thought was to post here instead of call apple and or TNT? Stuff happens things get broken no big deal call Apple and explain that you received a damaged item. I am sure it isn't the first time it has happened.

6. Achillias thread starter macrumors regular

Dude, you could have seen in my post that the dutch local support line is closed. And TNT just denies it. I dont care about them, it's there problem with Apple, i just want a proper iPhone (which i've paid for).

7. marc11 macrumors 68000

I read your post and your are being an alarmist. What do you want people here to do for you? Really? We can't open the Apple support line for you. Crap happens, you need to relax and call Apple when they open it isn't a big deal it will be resolved without as much drama as you seem to think.

8. Achillias thread starter macrumors regular

What do you expect from a phone which cost 600 euro's. The only reason for being a bit stressfull is because of the supportline, who knows if some (retard) refuse it. That was my only though. Let's hope the swap it without problems.

9. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

I know, I saw it, I just didn't think you could not wait a SINGLE minute to have it exchanged! The horror...

ohhh and hereby I declare this a non-issue, since pics have not been produced.

10. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

What condition was the outer box in?

If damaged, why did she accept it?

If not, how is anybody to know what happened?

As others have mentioned - call Apple - they have sold many millions of iPhones and always rank at the top of the satisfaction surveys.

11. Coley macrumors member

Maybe we can't do anything for him, but if there is anything, it's just let the poor guy vent lol I'd be pissed too....

12. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

If it was a genuine complaint, take pictures of the iPhone in its original wrapping and contact Apple?

13. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

To think, of the billions of items shipped in the world, you got the first one that was ever damaged. :rolleyes:

14. fins831 macrumors 6502a

if you paid with a credit card you can always go that avenue if apple doesn't fix the situation. If you paid with cash or check, thats a big no no.

good luck

15. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68030

ET iPhone Home

If they don't resolve it, file a claim with your credit card company for damaged goods immediately. In fact, I would document it with your credit card company now, so there's a record of it. They'll issue you a credit and you have to send the product back.

16. 808? macrumors 6502a

Does the iPhone still have the original plastic wrapping back and front?

17. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

you need to post pictures as it will help your case on here, and for when you contact Apple....

18. HKUSP.40 macrumors regular

Were YOU there when she unboxed it for the first time?

19. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

In the original post you said your girl friend paid for it. Now you said "which i've paid for". Which is it ? Or are you talking about something else now ?

20. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

So you made an angry thread complaining about something you imagined might happen in the future.

Perhaps you shouldn't be holding Apple responsible for your imagination.

Come back and complain if they refuse to exchange it.

21. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

This is ridiculous -- they haven't even HAD a chance to resolve it yet.

I echo what others have said -- this is just silly. Stuff happens when stuff is being shipped. Chances are high that they WILL resolve it, get her a new phone, and everything will be fine.

Bears repeating -- ridiculous.

22. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Like someone already said, if you got the protective plastic on both sides it should be no problem replacing it, but if it doesn't, there is no way for you to proove to them that you wasn't the cause of the cracked screen. Which should be obvious.

Pics or it didn't happen.. I doubt it until i see it!

23. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

You sure she didn't drop it when she opened the box. I am fairly sure (I won't test it) that you could take a brand new in box iPhone and through it against the wall a few times (in the box) and it wouldn't break. The box would take 99.9999932235% of the damage.

24. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68030

ET iPhone Home

I guess I should have written, "If and when, they don't resolve it......." Statement was based on after that call was made to Apple.

25. dotme macrumors 6502a

This is easy. Apple will take care of it. If the phone has never been activated, they have no reason to question that it was damaged during shipping, especially if you contact them within 24 hours of signing for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.