Girlfriend won't give it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
I need help. my girlfriend won't have sex with me. we've been dating 6 months. any advice on how to get her to give it up? :confused:

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Then you either respect her if you love her and stop pushing the issue, or you find a new girlfriend.

Sounds to me as if you should find a new girlfriend. Trust me, you'll be doing your current girlfriend a favor.

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
I do. I really do! but i'm so horny all the time, and i can't imagine waiting a lot longer for sex. it's so unbearable, I don't know what to do. what can I say to her?
Your hand is your friend in that case...... ;)

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
I came in here thinking it was about sex, but then thought it wouldn't be but the title was named like that to get more people in here...and then I came in here, and it turns out, it IS about sex. :D

Well, to be fair, you should talk it out with her. If she wants to wait, either respect her privacy like a mature individual, or dump her because all you want is sex....

dmr727

macrumors G3
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I must say, I'm very impressed with the level of sensitivity the OP is giving to this issue.

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I do. I really do! but i'm so horny all the time, and i can't imagine waiting a lot longer for sex. it's so unbearable, I don't know what to do. what can I say to her?
Well, since you are always horny, try using your hand as dehornynizer (if that word even exist).

Seriously, sex isn't everything in a relationship with the girl you love.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Then you're going to have to wait.

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
How old are you? I'm going to guess at 15 or so.

In the meantime, get a stack of magazines and retire to the bathroom. Just tell your parents you're brushing your hair or checking for ticks or something.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
If you do have sex with her make sure you do it safely. The only persuasion you could give is that it's acceptable to want sex as a girl (I dunno if this is an issue where you live.). But if she wants to wait that's her right too.

Azmordean

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2004
Silicon Valley
Well... have you discussed this with her? Not as in, "let's do it" followed by "no." But really discussed it? Like, her views on sex, and so forth?

You may then find out why she won't do it, and therefore find it easier to wait. Or maybe you'll find out she's waiting for marriage or something like that, in which case you'll have to decide if this is the relationship for you or not.

Unlike some others here, I'm not going to blast you. You and your girlfriend may not have compatible sexual views - if you don't, there's nothing wrong with that, it just means you aren't right for each other.

I can admit I probably would not date a woman who was set on waiting for marriage, for example. There's no shame in admitting that. What's wrong is to try to *change* someone's views by trying to "talk them into sex." You need to respect your gf's views, whatever they are. Either you are okay with them, or you respect her views enough to move on.

Fiveos22

macrumors 65816
Nov 20, 2003
I came in here thinking it was about sex, but then thought it wouldn't be but the title was named like that to get more people in here...and then I came in here, and it turns out, it IS about sex. :D
That's exactly what I was thinking.

My advice: DON'T ASK INTERNET FOLKS FOR ADVICE ON SUCH A TOPIC. I mean, to be perfectly fair, the denizens of this forum are going to give more constructive advice than many other internet forums... but the fact remains that you're going to get responses that are all over the board (both yay and nay). The only way they're going to influence your decision is if you have already made a decision and are looking for validation from "peers". However, as this is an anonymous board, you have no idea where these opinions are coming from and for all practical purposes they should be taken with a grain of salt.

That said: If you are so horny, go find a girl who wants to put out (at a bar or some other sleazy way) to satisfy your cravings. Just be sure to be safe.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Maybe she is not ready or wants to leave it to after marriage... seriously, not having sex isn't the end of the world
Good advice.

A relationship built on sex is just that. Generally they don't last long.

I need help. my girlfriend won't have sex with me. we've been dating 6 months. any advice on how to get her to give it up? :confused:
Yes you need help. And help is just an arm's distance away and provides two safe choices. :)

Whatever you do, don't pressure the girlfriend to have sex. That would be a mistake for both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.