Girls light cat on fire

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nbs2, Jul 18, 2007.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Fresh on the heels of the Vick indictment for dogfighting, we have this.

I don't think this is any better than the dogfighting, so I'm saddened that he's facing several years of jailtime while they are facing three years in juvie...

2. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

3. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

I'd love to set them on fire.. and then laugh :mad: Sore losers.. pathetic

4. zflauaus macrumors 65816

You know, this is what makes me, along with others, lose faith in humanity. These cruel, senseless acts of violence.

I wish they could be charged as adults. That would be great if they could be sent to prison for three years or so. Yes, over the top, but what they did was horrible.

And the kitten looks cute as well...:(:( I would be bawling so much if I saw it in person.

5. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

6. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I hope the cat pulls through and can find a nice home.

7. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Not over the top at all.

8. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Ditto. An eye for an eye.

9. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

You know what the sad thing is... I accept this is how some humans behave and probably have since the beginning of time. Doesn't mean its right... doesn't mean we can't "evolve," just not sure it has begun yet :(

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Ok, lets go burn their p****(.....cat)!

11. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

Minor update: just heard that they expect the cat to recover.

It's funny - I am probably the furthest thing from an animal lover. I might be tempted to say that my favorite animal is a dead chicken (sometimes cow). I've long since decided that the kids will never have a pet more complex than a goldfish. The vigor with which many of you wish to punish these girls I'd like to see done to murderers/rapists. And yet...and yet...something about this story saddens me so much. I think hunting is a good thing, but at least there the animal has a chance to get away. At least the kill is intended to be quick and minimize pain. At least you can argue that the the beast is being killed for food. Here....:(

Question for the masses: What movie/video game/song/element of pop culture do you think these girls will blame?

12. maccam macrumors 6502a

maccam

Ouch, poor cat! Where we live, we have too many cats but we don't set them on fire! :eek:

13. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

poor thing. i hope its alright.

nbs2, even though what these girls did is bad, i wouldn't wish the same on them, but i wouldn't wish death for murderers and rapists either. just the punishment they deserve.

hunting is okay by me i guess, because as you say, more often than not its a fair choice, and the animals death is typically quick and painless. and a good deal of hunters actually use all of the meat, or as most they can so thats fine by me.

its hard to see domesticated animals treated this way. its not because their 'cute'. imo. its because they are a part of our lives, and we trust them and they trust us. meaning we have a greater bond with dogs and cats because its been socialized into us that they're a part of our culture. a domesticated animal treated this way is horrible, because its inflicting pain onto a creature that previously had your trust and wouldn't have thought this'd happen.

sad story.

/end ranting.

14. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Well there are the dumbass videos where people do light the crotch of their pants on fire, hopefully these dumbasses follow suit and do something equally as stupid to their own bodies in the future -- like become meth/crack addicts.

15. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Im starting to thing some of the old ways are better, anyone committing such a act on a fellow animal is only one step form repeating this to a small child. There should be a law that if you break any law you should be executed. Expectially for acts of cruelty, drug selling, murder and stealing.
    There are a lot of people in the town im living in just now that will never do anything but fight and live of the doll in the pubs. They will never do anything for society, if they wont work give them 6 months to find a job then army, if they wont go in the army or preform social cleaning duties. shoot them

16. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

This makes me sick.
    Maybe they just caught two future sociopaths early.

How come cops don't "accidently" beat people like this with batons?

17. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The sheriff here just gets the other inmates to beat them up instead.

18. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

19. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

um...i hope you're just ranting and don't really feel this way. otherwise i'd be really concerned...

back on topic, i cannot stand to see these kinds of things happen, and obviously these girls have some issues. anyone that can mistreat an animal to this degree needs psychiatric evaluation. i hope the kitty recovers 100% and can be adopted into a good home.

20. Queso macrumors G4

I'm sincerely hoping you accidentally missed a smiley there.

21. eb6 macrumors regular

Tom and Jerry

22. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

:D:D:D Fantastic

23. mpw Guest

Reminds me of a joke:
    How'd you make a cat bark?

Douse it in petrol and throw on a match. WOOF!

I got another if you want it:D

24. Queso macrumors G4

Go on. Get in quick before the thought police arrive :p

25. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Unless they're blue eyed and blonde, in which case they should get a uniform, armband and gun?