Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Supermodel Gisele Bündchen's official site reports that she has been photographed for a new ad campaign for the Mac. English translation:

Gisele has been photographed for an ad campaign on Apple's line of computers MAC (Macintosh), in the United States

Amongst other achievements, Bündchen was named "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" by Rolling Stone.

Apple recently launched a new Mac-focused ad campaign targeted at Windows users. The details of the new ads described above are unknown.

richdun

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
Apple usually does well in advertising, but...

Please let this campaign be better than that ridiculous Nikon one with Kate Moss I kept seeing at the theaters this weekend.

azdude

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2003
White background with Apple logo for 27 seconds. Then:

Gisele: "Hello... I'm a Mac."
Roseanne: "Hey! I'm a PC."

Show iMac photo, and done.

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
Maxx Power said:
I fail to see how beauty and selling your body for a living can be considered achievements.

Photography is selling your body? I dont think photography is the worlds oldest occupation.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
25 seconds of her in lingerie followed by the words "Buy a Mac" on a white background for 5 seconds.

Pure genius.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Good choice from Apple cos she is HoT!!! Its cool to see Apple doing some decent advertising for there systems not just iPods....

ShadoW

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
azdude said:

you made me laugh out loud.
thanks for that.

I don't see apple doing an ad with such a high profil model.

How can they make it original without ending up with a :
"Gisele ad" that has a mac in it
instead of a
"Mac ad" that has Gisele in it.

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
Chundles said:
25 seconds of her in lingerie followed by the words "Buy a Mac" on a white background for 5 seconds.

Pure genius.

Yea. That should do the trick to get 10% market share. :D

Remember when Steve unveiled the TiBook? "Where's the sex?" :p
Hope that's not the new slogan... "Where's the sex" showing a PC and then "There it is:" and a picture of a Mac between Giseles's b**bs...

ppc_michael

Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
So this ad will be targeted towards nerds then? ;)

I actually don't think she's all that hot. :/ Pretty, I'll give you that, but Most beautiful in the world?? I dunno.

Then again, I usually don't like supermodels. I go more for the real-life girls, rather than completely fake kind. ;)

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
I think I see Apple's point of view. Macs are so easy to use that even supermodels can use them. :D

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
Am I the only straight guy here that thinks she looks like a man? :p

They should have used the female equivalent of the 'Mac' from the new ads. I'm picturing Natalie Portman's character from 'Garden State'.

Or better yet, just kept the 'Japanese Camera' lady from the earlier ads. :D

NVRsayNVR

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2005
azdude said:

LOL :p Now that would be a great commercial!

Too bad Apple won't play like that cause it would totally match their culture's view of great advertising.

Roseanne.... "Hey!" (haha, I love it!)

"Think Alike... BE Different!"

Tussen69

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2006
the most Beautiful mac .. ever..

there are lots of way for Apple to make this a fun ad . but I do hope that it does got something to do with the replacement of the PowerMac ...

comercial starts ...

presenting the most Beautiful mac ever ... the Mac Pro

or it got something to do with a new iPod ... maybe ..

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Apple does try to present the Mac as a computer with good style and looks, so perhaps using supermodels to advertise their Mac models makes sense. But is Bündchen really a Mac user?

X5-452

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Calgary, Canada
Chundles said:

Pure genius.

Hahaha. That's brilliant, I love it!

Hmmm. 16 positive votes and 2 negative. Who are the 2 and why would they vote negative to Gisele?

IEatApples

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2004
Northern Hemisphere (Norway)
treblah said:
Am I the only straight guy here that thinks she looks like a man? :p

They should have used the female equivalent of the 'Mac' from the new ads. I'm picturing Natalie Portman's character from 'Garden State'.
Perfect! I love Natalie Portman... eh.. in that movie. ;) :D :p

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
Tussen69 said:
or it got something to do with a new iPod ... maybe ..

Oh, pick me, pick me, I know! :eek:

You'll have Giselle pose and after 10 seconds the pictures zooms out and you see the the whole thing on the screen of the new VTSViPod(wide touch screen video iPod). This would be simplistic enough for a Mac ad. Kinda like a tribute to the iPod 5G with U2 ad that also had something similar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.