Gisele Bündchen, 2 Other 'Get A Mac' Ads Spotted

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

One visitor to Apple's Tampa Bay International Plaza store has posted images to his flickr stream from what appear to be three new Get A Mac ads shown in-store. The ads have not appeared as of yet online or on the air, however the user describes the ads via his website as the following:

1) A unkempt cross-dresser stands with "the PC" while Gisele Bündchen stands with "the Mac" (symbolizing the design of the computers?)
2) Both the PC and Mac characters dress in suits. "The PC ends up on the floor in this one"
3) The "PC" and "Mac" go to counseling to resolve their differences

Gisele Bündchen's involvement in Apple's ad campaign had been previously rumored.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Those look hilarious! I can't wait to see them.

I had no idea the spots would debut in Stores first. Interesting.

ricksbrain

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2005
Miami, FL
I wonder if these might not just remain store-only. If they're really good, they could be a sort of fun draw for people to come to the store.

Probably not, but maybe just for the short term...

chatin

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2005
Not another Lisa!

Gisele should play the Xserve - awesome rack!

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
The counselor in the third pic looks like Hope Davis. It'll be fun to find out.

mproud

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2003
Check your local Apple Store

These new ads got into my local Apple Store.

One is with the Mac dressed in a suit, catching the PC by surprise. The Mac says there's enough business around for the both of them.

The others feature a super model and psychiatrist. Can't remember the dialogue.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I'm not sure about #1 :confused: but #2 sounds like "Macs are good for business too, AND they keep running when the viruses attack," while #3 sounds like some myth-busting to remind people that Macs and PCs communicate and share files just fine.

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
I think it's more like, Windows = weird and not very attractive, and Apple = hot and sexy. :p

She's wearing flats and she's still taller than them, haha.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
So are we dropping G5 PowerBook next tueday and replacing it with Gisele next tuesday?

I wish she came with a Mac, PC people would be turned in an instance ;)

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
chatin said:
Gisele should play the Xserve - awesome rack!
ROFL. That's a good one. I dunno if business people who buy the servers will fall for this but it's still cool. :cool: :p

G

getamac

Saw them this weekend in Chicago. Hilarious, especially the one where they're working on their video projects.

tweedy7736

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
Colorado
1) A unkempt cross-dresser stands with "the PC" while Gisele Bündchen stands with "the Mac" (symbolizing the design of the computers?)
I'm assuming here that the contrast isn't supposed to symbolize the design of the computers (that would be politically incorrect). Rather, it seems more likely that it'll come out as something to do with the PC being an imperfect copy of the Mac. (?)

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Wow - Apple just released 3 ads; it seems a little to soon to release more.

I actually do like the idea of keeping these ads as "in-store specials." (Although I'm doubtful it'll stay that way).

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
tweedy7736 said:
I'm assuming here that the contrast isn't supposed to symbolize the design of the computers (that would be politically incorrect). Rather, it seems more likely that it'll come out as something to do with the PC being an imperfect copy of the Mac. (?)
Yeah, I like this interpretation - maybe Gisele is OS X and the the dude is XP or Vista. :)