Giuliani: Trump will only sit for interview with Mueller ‘over my dead body’

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
Trump will never voluntarily agree to an interview with Mueller. It wouldn't take more than five minutes for him to be caught in a lie or an incriminating boast, like in the final scene of A Few Good Men - "You're damn right I collaborated with Russia."

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Trump will never voluntarily agree to an interview with Mueller. It wouldn't take more than five minutes for him to be caught in a lie or an incriminating boast, like in the final scene of A Few Good Men - "You're damn right I collaborated with Russia."
Ok I laughed at the movie reference :)

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68020
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
I’m not a lawyer, but I can’t thibk of a scenario where it would be in Trumps best interest to participate in an interview. He would inevitably be caught in a perjury trap.

Reactions: Rhonindk

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
5 minutes? I'll see that 5 minutes and lower you to 2 minutes

I’m not a lawyer, but I can’t thibk of a scenario where it would be in Trumps best interest to participate in an interview. He would inevitably be caught in a perjury trap.
I get what you're saying. And I understand perjury traps. The only thing is - Trump being a pathological liar doesn't make ANY testimony he makes a "trap." If you purposely and flagrantly lie, it's not a trap.

Reactions: arkitect

AlliFlowers

Contributor
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
5 minutes? I'll see that 5 minutes and lower you to 2 minutes

I get what you're saying. And I understand perjury traps. The only thing is - Trump being a pathological liar doesn't make ANY testimony he makes a "trap." If you purposely and flagrantly lie, it's not a trap.
There is a difference between a perjury trap and letting a pathological liar speak freely. He will simply perjure himself. There is no need to set any trap.

But I think he can last the five minutes. After that he'll completely unravel.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
There is a difference between a perjury trap and letting a pathological liar speak freely. He will simply perjure himself. There is no need to set any trap.

But I think he can last the five minutes. After that he'll completely unravel.
Depends on how long it takes to enter his name, job title, etc into record. Because I could totally see him sitting down and saying "I just want you to know that I never had any communication with Russia" and that would be it LOL