Giuliani: Trump will only sit for interview with Mueller ‘over my dead body’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LovingTeddy, Dec 16, 2018.

1. LovingTeddy macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

2. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Trump will never voluntarily agree to an interview with Mueller. It wouldn't take more than five minutes for him to be caught in a lie or an incriminating boast, like in the final scene of A Few Good Men - "You're damn right I collaborated with Russia."

3. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Ok I laughed at the movie reference :)

4. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I’m not a lawyer, but I can’t thibk of a scenario where it would be in Trumps best interest to participate in an interview. He would inevitably be caught in a perjury trap.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

5 minutes? I'll see that 5 minutes and lower you to 2 minutes

I get what you're saying. And I understand perjury traps. The only thing is - Trump being a pathological liar doesn't make ANY testimony he makes a "trap." If you purposely and flagrantly lie, it's not a trap.

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

There is a difference between a perjury trap and letting a pathological liar speak freely. He will simply perjure himself. There is no need to set any trap.

But I think he can last the five minutes. After that he'll completely unravel.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

Depends on how long it takes to enter his name, job title, etc into record. Because I could totally see him sitting down and saying "I just want you to know that I never had any communication with Russia" and that would be it LOL

8. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

And "there was no collusion. No collusion."