Give me your reason,why have to cover Apple's beautiful design,perfect finish?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by netteen, Aug 17, 2010.

1. netteen macrumors newbie

As we all know, a cell phone's life time is not more than 2 or 3 years, why you have to care some scratches,some dust? iphone4 is so slim beautiful finish, is there any case design and finish which can match iPhone itself? for the antena thing, simply use a bit of transparent tape,Why need a case to make the iphone4 ugly?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Cosmetic defects caused by general wear and tear reduce resale value. Apple users often rely on the resale of their devices to pay for future devices.

3. felt. macrumors 6502a

Sorry, but I have a hard time taking anyone who says put a bit of tape on my phone seriously

4. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Maybe something to do with glass and hard surfaces.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

It's personal choice you do as you like. I will do as I like.

6. intervenient macrumors 6502a

7. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

You didn't answer the question.

8. Secruoser macrumors member

You can take off its cover if your friend wants to see the phone up close, but otherwise having a cover all the time will protect your phone. If you want to show off to everyone on the street, then do it by using apps, but not making phone calls.

9. g35 macrumors 6502a

Some people (like me) like the look of an all-black phone. No chrome, no steel, just black.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

there is no exact answer. some think it's better naked some say a case is better. I dropped my 3gs a couple times O think the case protected it. I also like a good case. other like naked. I certainly wouldn't use tape on mine. there are tons of threads about naked or case this is just another version. and I love duct tape but I certainly think a good case looks better if the op feels duct tape is better that's on him, not me.

11. mytran80 macrumors regular

More like $599 and $699 retail valued :D

12. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Honestly. I'm something of a perfectionist. Everythig I own I try to keep in mint condition. From my phone, my car. Whatever it is. If not mint, at least great as can be. This is such a nice phone to me I don't want one scratch on it, I won't let it drop. I can promise myself that but I am very careful. I rarely even set it on solid hard surfaces unless there is paper or something to lay it on. Like you I enjoy the beauty of the phone so I use a ghost armor full body wrap for protection that still shows the beauty of the full phone.

Once I get my incase snap case, it's going on quick. I also think at times, it's neat to have a phone that doesn't look like the next guys.

13. mytran80 macrumors regular

Perfectionist? You sound like the Japanese lol j/k I'm the same way , we all need to appreciate the industrial revolution;)

14. Zephyic macrumors newbie

simple reason...
    to be unique... imagine walking on a street with 10-20 people using the same phone...

15. glen e macrumors 68030

exactly......try and sell a nicked up phone vs a perfect phone in the original packaging....

16. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

I like my phone to be inconspicuous, a phone with a shiny glass back and a chrome logo is not. Also, it scratches way too easily and a scratched up phone isn't that great looking anymore.

17. Artood2s macrumors newbie

A friend of mine had a Droid Incredible and unfortunately dropped it on a sidewalk one day. Smashed the screen beyond reasonable usability. Fortunately, Verizon/HTC (don't know which has final say) allowed the phone to be insured and he got a replacement right away which he prompty bought a case for. ATT/Apple does not allow this luxury, so unless I have $600 to spare (or a little less for an easier fix), I'd get a nice protective case for mine.

18. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

lol right?

19. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

20. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

That among things :p

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It offers some protection if dropped. It makes the phone less slippery. It solves my antenna problem.

22. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

If Apple made the iphone 4 scratch resistent on the back surface, and it had no antennae problem, I would rock my iphone 4 without a case.

Seems like apple ipods and iphones are DESIGNED to necessitate a case, given how easily the back surfaces scratch. Who else had an ipod with the chrome back?

Scratches definitely make the phone look ugly.

23. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

That's all I hear on this board "OCD". I chose to cover my i4 because it just doesn't feel right in my hand without one plus the phone is very slick so it could easily slip out of my hand. I'm currently rockin a Speck GeoMetric case until Apple ships my Bumper.

24. Zildjian242 macrumors member

This.

and I hate fingerprints

25. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Reception. Glass chips/breaks.

Things I didn't have to worry about with the 3G.