Give up on using 24" LED ACD , now find low-cost 24" or 30" for my 08 Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Amethyst, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Amethyst macrumors 6502

I'm waiting for a new Apple Cinema Display for a while,
    but whe the new mac pro come out,
    i realize if apple launch a new ACD , it must use Mini DP for sure
    but I don't want to buy 4870 with 4870x2 price (Ochhhh...)

then i give up for 24" LED Cinema Display..

so now i want a new display for my 2.8 octo mac pro for

1) Web Design
    2) Programming
    3) Larger than my 20" Cinema Display (24"+)
    4) Low-Cost
    5) may be i don't strict with color corretion. (cause i have 20" ACD to check about color) for me this monitor size and cost is more important than color.

Thank you

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Is 1680 x 1050 fine for reslution? The 2209WA Dells are mighty popular around here.

3. Charlie.naylor macrumors newbie

4. Zoowatch macrumors 6502

I was just thinking about those who buy the 2009 Mac Pro + one of Apple's Display.

If one chooses '09 Mac Pro + 24" LED Display... then the MacBook MagSafe charging connecter of the display will be left idle (with nothing to connect to).

If one chooses '09 Mac Pro + 30" Cinema Display... then the FireWire 400 cable would not really connect with the Mac Pro's FW port unless some sort of FW400 to FW 800 is used...

Considering that these are flagship products and they are very expensive after all... I somehow feel that the whole set up isn't as 'elegant' as one would expect from Apple products...

5. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

You mite want to try reading this thread I was in the same situation, tried Samsung's got them from New Egg , and Sam's club, did not like them and have been with the Dell 2209wa for 2 weeks plus. There on eBay for a decent price, But I do know for a fact that if you order from Dell they'll ship from Tennessee , depending on where YOU live this could be better for you.

I had the 20" ACD, but for 600 dollars and the use I was giving it I could not sit there and justify the dollar amount for it, now I have "2" Dell's and am totally happy. IF the ACD was like 400 or less I would have kept it.

Best of luck too you in your search, take what you read on here with a grain of salt, IF you can go and see the displays I would suggest you do.

6. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

I just picked up an acer h233h 23" 1920x1080 built in speakers, and was 234 in canada, seen it for 219 on us websites.
    As a plus it comes with hdmi, dvi and vga cables! (and audio cable)
    so far it seems quite nice, matte display, built in speakers are a little meh but I'm not using them anyway. no dead pixels. I'd look at it if it's in you're budget:D