Given company iPhone 6. Was told to create my own Apple ID

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbachandouris, Oct 17, 2017.

1. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

So, my contract job gave me an iPhone 6 with no Apple ID. They want me to create my own.

Obviously not using my own Apple ID. Strange they want me to create my own with no company security.

2. daflake macrumors 6502a

I used my I’d on my company phone. It was no biggie really. I just removed it off the phone when I turned it back in.

3. Jjayf macrumors 6502

Until recently I've used company supplied phones most of my life. Not sure what would stop you from using your own ID on the device, it can always be deleted. It's yours to use, may as well use it. You can always turn off apps such as private email etc, you don't want going to the device..

4. Kahsheh macrumors regular

Yes, creating your own Apple ID is typical. No need to worry.

5. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Honestly I’d be more concerned if they wanted me to use their Apple ID.

6. Geek95 macrumors newbie

Geek95

This is standard. Apple only gives schools the ability to create Managed Apple IDs, and even then they are are limited. We end up telling teachers to create an Apple ID with their work email.

7. maerz001 macrumors 65816

maerz001

U should be more worried that they gave u an old phone;)

8. Groovemaster17 macrumors member

It is common practice. Only way around it is for a company to use Apple’s DEP (device enrollment program) along with VPP (volume purchase program) for apps. This allows a company to distribute apps to your device without an Apple ID.

Since many organizations still do not have this in place, your personal Apple ID is there so you can receive applications.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My company offers various phones, and in the iPhone's case they don't give you an apple id, you're expected to use your own or create a new one.

10. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm