iPad Giving iPad 2 to my son and need to wipe it, any way to keep 7.1.2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by STC, Nov 29, 2014.

1. STC macrumors 6502a

I bought a new iPad Air 2 and will be giving my son my iPad 2. It still has 7.1.2 and with the 8.0 horror stories I've been hearing I don't want to restore through iTunes to get 8.1.1.

Any way to wipe it and keep 7.1.2?

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Just erase all content and settings directly on the iPad. No need to restore.

3. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

He means manually delete the apps, log out of accounts like iTunes, Find My IPhone and remove the settings, don't try using the option within the settings RESET menu named "erase all content and settings" as it won't work and you may lose your JB.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Where does the Op say they are jail broken ?

You have to disable Apple ID before erasing all content and settings and that will return you iPad to how it came out of the box.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

From what I understnad it will be like "out of the box" but will retain any OS updates.

6. STC thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thx for the replies. I just did the "Erase all Contents and Settings" and it did seem like a out of the box iPad when it was done. I gave it to my son and he loaded up his stuff. I didn't log out of anything actually, but he said there isnt any trace my info, iTunes acct, etc.