Giving the gift of a used iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Internaut, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Internaut macrumors 6502a

Now my iPod Touch has been replaced with the iPhone, I'd like to give the Touch to another member of the family. I've deleted a couple of email/calender accounts from it but it still has tunes I've bought off iTunes over the years. I *think* these will simply be removed from the Touch the first time the new owner syncs it with iTunes. Is there anything else I need to do?

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Restore the iPod to factory defaults in iTunes.

3. kanpachi macrumors regular

Probably the easiest way would be to go to Settings -> General -> Reset and then selecting the delete all content and files on device (something like that). Basically use the reset option within the touch itself so you make sure you didn't miss anything...

4. androiphone macrumors 65816

yeah just do the erase everything from the device itself, just hook it it to some power and set it going 16Gb takes ~2hrs but it overwrites everything and makes gives it a 'brand new' feeling, even displays the 'connect to itunes' pic

5. Internaut thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks all. I gave my sister the iPod Touch (sans all my content and data) and she's absolutely delighted with it (and it's not even her Christmas Present). She's already updating her Facebook page from it.