Giving the Space Gray a go...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple.pseudofan, Sep 20, 2013.

1. apple.pseudofan macrumors regular

Like many, I'm sure, I went in with gray as my last choice. Of course, my store had quite a lot of silvers, but no ATT by the time I got to the front. The Apple employee actually talked me into getting the space gray by touting the return policy as an opportunity to change colors within two weeks.

After looking at all the models, I decided I liked the gray more than originally thought. However, I also liked the gold much more than thought and was reminded of why I went in for the silver.

So, to make a long story short, the gray is a great, handsome design, but I really believe I prefer the other two over this one. Which means I'm probably heading back to the apple store once they get some in.

Anyone else find themselves feeling the same way?

2. richpuer macrumors 6502

3. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I wanted gold but didn't want to wait forever for one. I just bought a Space Gray. My phone stays in a case 99.9% of the time anyhoo. ;)

4. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I was torn between silver and space grey. Got the space grey and I'm very happy with it.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

It's pretty plain and ugly in my opinion. I'll wait for a gold for myself

6. Hendry macrumors member

I prefer the space gray, not a fan of white phones.

7. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Have you seen it person? It's very nice.

8. wepiii macrumors 6502

I wish the space grey had a silver ring around the home button. That bothers me on mine

9. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

I have to agree. Had to settle for grey, but I'm overall happy with it. Just wanted a different color this time. I'm not going to camp out at the store to try to find a gold or silver for the next 14 days. Oh well.... Happy enough!

10. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

I wanted the gold until I saw it in the Apple store today. It looks hideous. I do like the ring around the home button.

I went with space gray and I love it. Had a white iPhone the last 4 years and the black front really does make a difference especially when the screen is off. Looks so sleek!

11. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

saw them in person in store, all 3 look good IMO. have white 4S so decided to order gray. i think gray looks good in person vs. photo. looks quite different than the black of the 5, an employee held his black 5 side-by-side with gray, and IMO gray looked better.

slightly off-topic: the 5c colors look much better in person than in photos, and the feel is great (although a bit slick, so harder to hold). if the 5c had the tech of the 5s I would get a 5c for a different look. i think both 5c and 5s look great, 5c not cheap looking!

12. wepiii macrumors 6502

I completely agree. I was surprised how much I liked the 5C. If it had the internals of the 5S and a black color option I'd be all over it. The rounded corners make it so comfortable to hold. Best in hand since the 3G...

13. user-name-here macrumors 65816

This was your first major mistake ;)

14. syd430, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2013

syd430 Guest

Thanks for your little story about how you intend to abuse Apple's 14 day return policy. It's there for change of mind, not going in with the intention of using it for 14 days until they get the colour you want.

I'm pretty sure the Apple employee also said that you can change the colour if you change your mind, not " I know you don't want this one but use it as a temporary phone and bring it back in 14 days".

I personally don't care if you like to abuse the policy, but I think that starting a thread just so you can tell everyone about it on a public forum is dumb.

15. IndoX macrumors regular

Apple has a 30 day return policy on phones.

16. JadedBen macrumors regular

Ordered the space grey in a heartbeat! The second i saw the leaked photos of them, i knew thats what i was going to order, and now it's arrived, very happy with it :cool:

Wasn't keen on the gold as my first car was in the same 'Champagne gold' (an '83 Ford Fiesta, any fans? lol) and the white looks the same and all my friends white i5's, at least the grey looks different :apple:

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I can't answer for the OP, but my opinion is that the phones are expensive full price and the subsidized price locks you in for 2 years. My point, its better to wait for the color you want then settling.

18. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Oh here we go another holy than though. Why do they tell you you can return within the 14 or 30 days for then if you don't like it. I tell you why because they get a sale and most people don't return them. So boo hoo if they want to close sales with the policy bad luck. It's Apples policy.

19. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I wanted the gold my self and struck out... Ended up leaving with the space grey and I'm fine with it... Was kind of upset about it at first but Once I realized that I will only have it for a year before I upgrade again , was like the hell with it.. Been upgrading every year since the first one... I know for a fact that even if I got the gold I would have still upgraded in a year

20. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

The only non-black iPhone I've had so far, not counting the original (as there was no choice of colors) was the 3GS. I liked the look of it but the white showed every bit of dirt very easily, especially along the buttons and ridges. I ended up putting a dark colored case on it.

My wife and daughter however both have a white iPhone 5 and I must say they are very, very sharp.

And since I bought my black iPhone 5 this time last year, I've purchased a white car. I'm very tempted to get a white 5S to go with it, though I really like the look of the new gray. I actually prefer it to the slate black of the iP5.

Though I just bought a new phone two months ago (a Galaxy S4; I often switch back and forth), so I'll probably wait a few more months before doing anything....

21. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Lol. That's how I feel about the silver. But the thing is I already had the silver previously; I just think the ring around the home button makes it look even better. I like having the aluminum match my Macs.