Giving up on the 27” iMac for now...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Kronie, Dec 14, 2009.

  1. Kronie macrumors 6502a

    Kronie

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2008
    #1
    First one had a grumbling drive, drove me nuts, back to Apple.

    Second one had a much quieter drive, but “yellow tinge”. I was back and forth about what to do with the tinge issue, I mean I can replace it but will probably get a screen with the same problem.

    Then my decision was made for when my iMac started to “flicker” last night, and again this morning.

    I’m going back to my 17” unibody with my 24” external monitor.

    The 27” iMac has great potential but seems to be suffering from some serious teething issues. Until I can see that these issues are fixed I’m holding off.
     
  2. KentuckyApple macrumors regular

    KentuckyApple

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2003
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    #2
    I have updated my records to reflect this change. Thank you.
     
  3. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2008
    #3
    ill wait out the holidays, and let you all deal with the 1st batch issues. Then, I "may" dive in, or build a desktop.

    probably pass on the iMac.
     
  4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

    GoCubsGo

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2005
    #4
    You sir, are my HOTD ... (hero of the day). :D
     
  5. senc01a macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 31, 2007
    #5
    Ufff, I am about to sell my 15 inch unybody + 24 inch external to get a 27 inch iMac.
    Maybe I should wait too...
     
  6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

    rdowns

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2003
    #6

    Well played, especially since you're from Kentucky. :D
     
  7. Kronie thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Kronie

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2008
    #7
    HA! That's good. You made me laugh.
     
  8. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

    xraydoc

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2005
    Location:
    192.168.1.1
    #8
    Reports coming in that shipments of 27" iMacs are being delayed by (at least) two weeks. Maybe this signals a production change to fix the flaw(s) being reported.

    Hope it gets sorted out soon. I was planning to buy an i7 in January.
     

Share This Page