Glass at the bottom of iPad 2 slightly raised.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PhazonUK, Mar 26, 2011.

1. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

Got my new iPad 2 yesterday and after not long of using it I noticed that the glass along the bottom of my iPad (near the Home button) was slightly raised and I could actually push it down.
    Has anyone else come across this? I would provide a photo but all I have is my iPhone 4 and it doesn't pick it up very well...

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This was my exact issue with the first gen. It was a simple swap, no questions asked. Take it back for a replacement.

3. Gabeloooooo macrumors newbie

So, did you trade it in? Does the new unit exhibit the same problem? Because I have the exact same issue. The unit works great though, but a tiny part of the glass is raised at the bottom (not a lot but still)

4. PBz macrumors 6502a

Had the same issue on one of the 2 iPad 2 units I had (in addition to light-leak). Possibly trying #3 today.

5. PhazonUK thread starter macrumors 6502

Got my first unit replaced. 2nd unit has it slightly but not as bad, but it's starting to come loose, so it's popping up a bit more and I can actually press it down now, whereas before it was raised up but solid.

6. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

what seems to happen is that the iPad2 doesn't use clips to hold the glass, only glue. And due to the fact that are been manufactured and shipped so fast, there's not enough time for the glue to dry.

If it's coming out, then you should swap it again, and then when you take the new one out, if the problem continues, place something with weight on top of the glass without scratching it, and let it sit there for a few days in a cool place, if possible, with A/C.

7. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

^ That just sounds ridiculous. Yes, take your $500-850 device that wasn't prepped properly and let it dry for a few days with some weight on it. While it may solve the problem I couldn't help but think I would be :mad::mad::mad: if my brand new device was like this.

Just return it, you may end up causing more harm then good then you won't be able to return it.