Glass SP with Lifetime Warranty and Edge-to-Edge Protection

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jammerz, Oct 8, 2014.

1. jammerz macrumors regular

I've been scouring these threads for days now trying a Glass Screen Protector that's covered by a Lifetime Warranty AND has good coverage over the bezelled edges.

Zagg: Lifetime Warranty, Horrible Fitment

TechArmor: Lifetime Warranty, Horrible Fitment

iLoome: Good Fitment, no Lifetime Warranty

BodyGuardz: Horrible Fitment and No Lifetime Warranty (but subsidized replacement)

Has anyone found the best of both worlds?!?

2. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Zagg's fit is quite good actually - Tech armor is apparently working on getting a better fit for the camera and sensors but they're not changing the width of it.

3. jammerz thread starter macrumors regular

I disagree, I feel like Zagg's fit leaves a lot of space on the edges of the phone.

Attached Files:

4. buddybd macrumors 6502

Spigen is pretty much the same as Zagg and has 1 year warranty. I don't mind it being short, but the width distorts the display and that's annoying.

5. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

6. Fireguyy macrumors member

Is that legit or is it crap? $7.50 for a $49.99 screen protecter, seems too good to be true.

7. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Yes this is legit. Ordered like 5 of them but fitment is terrible, returning.

8. jammerz thread starter macrumors regular

MIME: Lifetime Warranty provides 40% discount on warranty replacement, but again, no edge-to-edge protection.

*sigh*

Anyone know if Moshi or Imos Malaysia are going to have lifetime warranty replacement?

9. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Zagg should be marked as fits well for the 6+ (from what I have heard) but terrible for the 6

----------

I have that one and I think the glass is exactly like the zagg. I put them side to side, same exact size, same exact cut, same exact clarity, same exact feel, same exact edge lift, and same exact features. I can't find a single difference between the two. From what I have heard about BB, they purchase those screens for a lot less and that is why they pitch them in mass when they mess up. They can go through four or five zagg screens before they take a loss.

10. easheer macrumors regular

easheer

That's because it's not a $49 screen protector. It's an $8 screen protector. The 85% off is a gimmick to create the perception of you getting a great deal. Sadly, many people fall for it hook, line, and sinker.

Not sure why this is so difficult for people to understand and see right through.

11. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

wait....did you say 85% OFF?!?!

*goes and buys 20*

12. Darthsat macrumors member

It'd be nice if everyone posted a top down view of every glass screen protector they have so that we can compare how wide each one goes across the screen.

13. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

Bingo. It's actually a lot cheaper than $8, lol.

14. jammerz thread starter macrumors regular

I wrapped in Ghost Armor for now. I feel like in a few months there will be a Glass SP with Lifetime Warranty that satisfies fitment issues.

Moshi is on the right track! Hoping that Zagg gets their act together and produces something with more protection around the edges of the phone.

15. Marcus72 macrumors member

[​IMG]

thanks for sharing photo, I won't order Zagg, that fit looks horrible

16. Marcus72 macrumors member

17. alau0115 macrumors regular

I was looking for the glass SP from Moshi, too. However, I realized their product -- iVisor Glass, has adhesives only at the border of the screen protector and there is no adhesive in the display area. The treatment is the same as their PET product line (iVisor) which I tried it before on iPad and I don't like it.

http://www.moshi.com/family-screen-protectors-ivisor-glass

Note this is why iVisor can be installed with a suction cup (supplied) being placed in the middle of the screen while adjusting the location.

Here are pros and cons --

The good thing is the ease of application as there is less adhesive to deal with. Secondly, somehow they make the adhesive reusable and washable. So you can remove the glass protector and wash the underneath. And it gives flexibility to some who have a mix of regular phone cases and phone cases with built-in screen protector.

Now the downside of this design is some users of iVisor Glass for iPhone 5/5S have complained the poor or weird feeling when they touch the display area where there is no adhesive.

iLoome Glass SP has coloured border to hide the silicone impurity around the edge whereas Moshi has colored border to hide the adhesive and minute accumulated dust which may occur as a result of washing the underneath and reuse the protector.

18. Juicy D. Links macrumors 6502

19. alau0115, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014

alau0115 macrumors regular

Agreed. Glass screen protector can be very cheap -- the difference is in the quality of the glass as well as the quality/thickness of the oleophobic coating and the coating which makes it 8-9H. Some glass are made of soda lime and some are made of aluminosilicate.

There is some info here but unfortunately it is not in english...

http://zusg.hoya.jp/material.html

This is subsidiary of Hoya, the lens filter manufacturer. They make tempered glass screen protectors in 2 versions for iPhone 5/5S/6/6+ (regular version and Reduced blue light version) and they are made in Japan.

Their info is informative but their product (Z'us-g) is too thick for me (from user's comment, it is as thick as 0.5mm-0.6mm)

20. jammerz thread starter macrumors regular

Man that's upsetting... It looked like that was the one! But no adhesive on the actual screen is a deal breaker.

I guess being patient is the key here...

21. jammerz thread starter macrumors regular

That's amazing! Install process is easy as pie with that. Hard to see the quality of the product in the video, though. Pics are reassuring, however.

22. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

It's the same fit as any other glass SP out there except for the ones like iLoome that cover the curved edges of the screen...but make it impossible to use a case.

So, it's a decision as to what you want to do. Case or no case!

23. KAMB macrumors 6502

They are looking into changing the dimensions but will not unless they find something that fits their likes (doesn't peal/lift).

Here is an email from their senior product manager (part of it anyways):

"In regard to the current version of our Ballistic Glass and it’s size. We have tested many competitors versions that have 1-2mm more coverage on the screen sides, and every single one of them begins to peel and lift after 1-3 days of use. Many competitor glass products we tested showed this defect immediately.

We are increasing the top and bottom coverage for Tech Armor Ballistic Glass and minimizing the top cut out as much as possible. Again, we have very strict standards for our products and will not settle for more coverage, if it means a higher chance of lift and peel."

24. jammerz thread starter macrumors regular

It's just such a thick glass that it makes the phone look horrible... I've seen some pics of some glass SP's that are thinner, 0.15mm to 0.2mm, they don't look that bad..

MIME iPhone 6 Feather+ Glass has lifetime warranty (40% replacement discount), but doesn't go edge-to-edge. Thing is, with the 0.15mm, the edges don't look as horrible as the Zagg Glass.

[​IMG]
    Photo Cred to greatness​

JOTO iPhone 6 Premium Tempered Glass is also 0.15mm, but no warranty at all.

[​IMG]
    Photo Cred to Myzhi​

25. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Well that's good to hear I'm definitely planning to buy one soon since if they do redesign it they'll send a replacement. Thanks for sharing. :p