Glen Beck - An American Dick (Third in a series)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jul 8, 2010.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Title wearing a little thin? :D

I couldn't stop laughing as I read this. Sad thing, a lot of people ate it up.

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I think you need to change your title to "An American Douche".

Beck is great! I may not agree with absolutely everything that he says or does and I don't often watch his show, but he's done some good.

Thanks to Beck, at least one liberal dickhead has had to resign from Obama's White House, Van Jones. More liberal dickheads are sure to follow soon. Beck has many liberal dickheads running scared, terrified about what the truth might have in store for their futures.

And if Glen Beck is a dick, then so is Rachel Maddow, though Olberman is definitely a *****.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

My penis takes offense at being compared to Glenn Beck.

5. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

QED

6. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

So, Van Jones is associated with a group that got advertisers to stop advertising on Glenn Beck's show, he retaliates, and that makes him a good guy? Ok, whatever, as if any of what Beck said was the truth. If so, it should be easy to prove. Oh wait, you can't, and won't, because Beck was lying.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

"I could give a flying crap about the political process... We're a media company." -- Glenn Beck, quoted in Forbes

All you need to know about Beck. He's a fear mongerer simply because he knows theres enough gullible Americans to believe his crap so he can earn a fat check at the end of the day.

Prove what? Who cares, it doesn't matter anymore, because Van Jones resigned, he's gone, he's history. I don't care what happens to that green-eco-commie.

9. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Then why did you bring it up?

To show that Glen Beck has done some good. Van Jones is gone, is he not?

If Glen Beck can expose some more people for what they really are, then that will be even better.

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You just went in a big circle. I know the mental gymnastics are exhausting but how bout you actually figure out what you want to talk about so we don't have have to?

I've said what I had to say in this thread and the reading comprehension of others is not one of my primary concerns. The liberals in this thread are free to continue talking about the male anatomy of others, a topic which they are clearly fond of.

13. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Yes, you said that Glenn Beck attacked Van Jones, and I said that Glenn attacked Van Jones because a group he was associated with got advertisers to stop advertising on Glenn Beck's show. Either the attacks were true, and would be easy to prove, or Mr. Beck was just retaliating with a bunch of lies.

Your response was to basically concede that Mr. Beck was a lying fool.

(edit) By the way, you were the only one to talk about male anatomy other than a single reference saying their male anatomy took offense to your fascination with it.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Or in Beck's case, the female anatomy.

I think it's "that time of the month" for her again.

15. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

The confusing part of this post is that we're making fun of the guy who didn't know what year video cameras were allowed into the senate... instead of the guy who was an 'exalted cyclops' in the KKK. Or the former president who tried to excuse his racist actions as simply an attempt to get elected. :confused:

16. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

No, the confusing part is where you ignore all the negative comments made about Byrd in his death thread.

17. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I'm on the road, so it's a bit difficult to start a couple of new threads at the moment, so perhaps someone here can help. Here are my ideas for a couple of new threads in this series - these are about Republicans who vote against gay marriage. Thanks.

Joseph Addabbo - An American Dick (Fourth in a series)

William Stachowski - An American Dick (Fifth in a series)

18. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Byrd was an old southern assh**e who spent his whole life working his ass off to stay in power like so many politicians do these days.

Glenn Beck trying to turn the lack of footage of a speech made before cameras were allowed into the senate into a conspiracy is a ridiculous attempt to stir up conservative rage and paranoia.

He is actively working to split this nation in two. What a hero.

19. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Did you just try and justify Byrd's KKK membership and attempted block of the civil rights bill many years later as someone "working his ass off to stay in power?" If so, wow... I guess Clinton's feelings aren't that unique.

Well, without knowing that cameras weren't allowed in the Senate at that time, and given the proven and ridiculous media bias on the issue... I'd say his concern was certainly justifiable. Stupid mistake to make given the staff he's likely working with, but justifiable considering.

As for actively working to split this nation in two, I doubt you were complaining during the Bush years while the Liberals were trying to tear the country in two... but anywho, let me simplify the issue for you... this country is split in two, well, really thousands... but they can be assembled into two camps for simplicty sake. People who support big government controlling more of your lives, and people who support small government and maximum liberty. Thank God Beck and others stand up for the latter and expose those who would try and trample our liberty in the name of 'equality', 'fairness', or simply gaining control.

The man is far from perfect, and admittedly a bit low-brow and childish for my tastes, but frankly... he does far more good than bad. Tune in on any given Friday afternoon (Founding Fridays) to get a taste of his show and why it's head and shoulders above people like Olbermann.

20. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Byrd was a racist in a party that exploits racism on both sides to meet its goals. Amazing how they would gloss over his very deep involvement with the clan (hell he voted against each black person nominated to the Supreme Court) yet they will go back many years to vilify an opponent who did less, or worse make something up and not worry if it sticks but use the smear as leverage.

Watching out takes from the funeral all I could think is, "typical"

21. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Unfortunately, this is exactly right. Liberals try to paint conservatives a racists so that the black population will continue to vote for them by default. Fortunately, many blacks are turning the corner and starting to ask why these hand-out/welfare programs and affirmative action attempts seem to be hurting their communities and families instead of helping them.

When the left loses it's ability to simply use race to define the automatic response of certain race groups, they will quickly lose voting base that has come to the logical conclusion that the free market, capitalism and small r republicanism is the path to prosperity and happiness.

That's why they will continue to fight tooth and nail to see that race continues to be an issue and continues to divide Americans by racial groups. As Martin Luther King once said and Glenn Beck continues to remind his audience of at every opportunity... the hope that our "children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Tssk... such anger. The angry right will be seen for what it is.

Not to mention that he's a former shock jock who's now found a platform to shock the political system for ratings and money. He watched Limbaugh do it, and now he's determined to out-crazy the old man on his way to the top.

23. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Reading comprehension fail.

No, wait, selective reading.. win?

What part of
    reads as defending him, to you? Is it the ass**** part?

Yeah! With book titles like Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right and Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism and How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must) and Godless: The Church of Liberalism and If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans and The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Schools, Faith, and Military and Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder: Savage Solutions and The Political Zoo and The Savage Nation: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Borders, Language, and Culture. Yup, it sure was us librools trying to divide America. :rolleyes: