Glenn Beck changed my mind on immigration, wow. Does he change yours?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by G51989, Jul 12, 2014.

1. G51989, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014

G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarra...ks-immigration-activists-and-conservatives-al

Full video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GcTsnCSOvg

You know, Glenn Beck is right, he is completely right on this entire video.

What hit me was " The minute you go cold inside ".

He is right, completely. These kids are not here out of their choice, same with probably a decent amount of the adults.

I could go on and on about how I was wrong on so many points in my recent posts.

But I'll just admit it, I am completely wrong.

Do I still think that we need to take care of our own?

Yes.

Do I hate Glenn Beck and do I think he is a complete nutjob? yes.

But I think he is right.

There is a massive humanitarian crisis down there. And we should do something about it, you can't just let kids die and be sold into sex slavery or turned into drug mules.

Not a fan of Glenn beck, But he's right.

And I was wrong for being such a nationalist idiot. And I am man enough to admit when I had no compassion, and I man enough to admit, I made a mistake advocating harsh treatment of innocent kids. And just throwing them to the cartels.

I was never a fan of Beck, but he's right. And he changed my mind.

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Sometimes doing the right thing comes out of the strangest mouths. I never liked Glenn Beck on his Fox show. But I worked one of his live shows and he is actually different than his tv persona. I actually agreed somewhat with some of the things he said in his live show. Shows what people end up doing for ratings on a tv show..

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Good for you G5. It certainly doesn't help when most of the media frames this as an immigration crisis when it's a humanitarian one. These kids are mostly refugees. The USA is all for twisting arms and helping to pay for refugees elsewhere but when it shows up on our front porch...

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I am on mobile do don't get the up vote. But big up vote for this.

5. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

I've never had the experience of Glenn Beck's opinion changing my mind......but once or twice when I've found that we agreed on something, I've had to seriously reconsider whether I was right about the topic :p

6. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That is something I'll never understand, much like the amount of comment trolling that youtube video received.

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

You know Congress has gone straight to hell in a ****ing handbasket when Glenn Beck is able to see and acknowledge a problem correctly and John Boehner still can't.