Glenn Beck: "I think I played a role unfortunately .. helping tear .. country apart"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jnpy!$4g3cwk, Jan 23, 2014.

1. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/22/glenn-beck-fox-news-mistakes_n_4643537.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

2. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

3. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

said Beck as he laughed all the way to the bank.

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Run away quick, it's a reformed talking head. :eek:

(Not too full of himself, what?)

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Oh hey its time for Glenn Beck to rear his ugly head again. Has it really been 8 full moons already?

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'm going to take the higher ground here.

It's really hard to not be cynical of him and his statements because at this point, the damage has already been done. He opened Pandora's Box, and now is reaping the results that he sewed.

Whether he has truly had a change of heart? We don't know, because it's hard to take his words as sincere, especially since he is doing this on the same network he used to cause all of this.

Only time will tell if he is indeed sincere and regrets his actions. Time will tell, especially after the next POTUS election.

BL.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Exactly. He's nothing but an opportunist who is now playing the sympathy card to distance himself from the wacky far right.

8. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Exactly.

He doesn't believe anything that he actually says, he just knows he can make a buck off the 60+ Hate generation of people.,

9. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Wow; this topic should keep you guys occupied for weeks, if not months!!!

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Way to take that higher ground.

People can and do have the potential to achieve self-awareness, see their failings and work to overcome them.

If Beck has truly managed to do that, then I would like to congratulate him.

Unfortunately his past record compels me to withhold my applause and wait a while to make sure this isn't some kind of false conversion or cynical attempt to remake his image.

11. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Why would it? Glen Beck is nothing more than a talking head to appeals to old white kinda racist people to make money. He doesn't believe the stuff he says

12. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

You have his market all wrong. Glenn Beck is more of the Ron Paul, Alex Jones, Jesse Ventura type of pundit. The demo that likes that content is all over the map.

Sure the Koch astroturf crowed may have glommed onto Beck, but that's generally not his scene because he chews up the GOP, bankers and corporate influence as much he does raw democrat idiocy.

13. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Because if there's one type of person most on here love to hate, it's conservative talkshow hosts.

14. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

I might, be his views do appeal to the group in question.

Maybe he just Appeals to Paranoid people?

----------

No? I don't care if anyone is conservative.

I do care if people make insane statements, and Beck is one of those people.

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Beck chose to make himself that kind of polarizing figure.

If people love to hate him, it's because he wanted them to.

16. SoAnyway macrumors 6502

Bingo.

Guys like Glen Beck say crazy things that appeal to the crazies which make them even crazier thus bringing the issues so far to the extreme where the damage done is very, very difficult to undo.

17. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I wonder why .........

[​IMG]

18. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Horse hockey. Ever since he got punted off Fox News, he's seen his audience and influence shrink. He's realized that he can't play to the far right wackos, so he's trying to become mainstream.

19. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Glenn Beck is 49, and worth over $100 million, most of which was not accumulated on Fox. Somehow I think he's doing just fine and has no real need to change other than a epiphany of sorts.

Think of Limbaugh. In the 90's and early 2000's be was very rah rah GOP Neo-con. While now his show is way more independent and ideology driven than towing the GOP party line.

These talk radio shows do evolve over time. Ones that don't like Medved are boring and predictable because their loyalty to political parties crushes personal and spiritual growth

20. dec. Suspended

dec.

Another American thing, although with Rob Ford, I'm afraid that we'll eventually end up in that ******** too.

21. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

No, what happened is that the GOP, in particular BushCo, stepped into the brown applesauce a few times too many and it became embarrassing for El Drugbo to hang with them. Now he plays cheerleader for the Teabaggers. Not exactly a "come to Jaysus" theme there.

Only growth these guy are interested in are in their bank account in the Caymans.

22. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

All the money in the world can't salve the need for attention.

No thanks.

23. samiwas macrumors 65816

Seriously. Once there is a couple of million in my bank account (which will be never), I will not be heard from in the employment realms again.

24. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Perhaps if he commits suicide I'll believe he was sincere. Perhaps.