Glenn Beck is on Toyota's side

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Frisco, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Frisco macrumors 68020

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I'm not sure because I refuse to click on ANY Glenn Beck site.

3. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I am actually not sure what I just read. I think Glenn was claiming (in a round about way) that the government is making up the allegations just to make Toyota look bad. He feels it is a conflict of interest to have the government ask Toyota about the problems when they are owners of GM.

4. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah I know it's hard to read. That is from his radio show. I need to get a link to his video on tonight's Beck Program. Just to make it easier.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Maybe our government could recuse itself and the investigation could be conducted by...........

Oh, that's right. We don't have another government. :rolleyes:

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Or they could just bailout Toyota.

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Its one thing to investigate it, its quite another to grand stand for hours on end talking down to someone (who was there voluntarily btw) when you perform your own personal job to a horrible degree. Its like homeless people bitching at other homeless people for being homeless.

Now that the government has made themselves owners of Government Motors and Chrysler it strikes me as a conflict of interest to do anything but investigate through proper channels, gather data, and present the results. Other companies have comparable recalls and I have never seen this ******** grandstanding.

Maybe toyota should unionize, the dems who got UAW payoffs might relax a bit.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

To be fair, we do want to know whether Toyota has a history of covering up problems. Most auto makers drag their heels a bit but not like what we are allegedly seeing from Toyota.

I've no doubt our esteemed politicians will put on a big dog-and-pony show, however, and it'll be the same as usual: some will be interested in finding out if there's a problem, and others will be merely showboating for the cameras.

9. 184550 Guest

Thank you, I agree.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The only reason for these hearings are to play to the cameras. You did something bad and we will make sure you pay for it. Smile for the camera, put that on a campaign commercial.

11. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

First off, whats the point of these hearings anyway?
    Second, (uselessness of the hearings aside) why do I feel like Toyota is wrong when I see Glen Beck on their side?

12. macfan881 macrumors 68020

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The same reason for when they brought GM and Chrysler in for running failed businesses.. to score points.. Do you remember when they made the two CEOs waste hours (and possibly days) driving hybrids to the congressional hearing instead of just flying in? Even though all these hypocritical *******s probably flew in on the tax payers dime?

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Agreed. I saw a bit of this yesterday and it was a joke from both sides of the aisle. From watching this, you'd think they actually give a **** about this.

15. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Or like a bunch of "family values" republicans impeaching a President for a BJ after having wasted 6+ years of investigating phantom allegations.

+1

When was the last time Congress investigated anything for any point other than politics or publicity? There are agencies for investigating the auto industry, and they are being investigated in this process. Silliness has ensued.

Glen Beck leaves a funk on everything he touches that reminds me of old hamburger.

+1

16. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

17. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

[censorship added]

Bravo. From this point on, I'm trying not to type any attention-craving idiot's name in a comment - because that just increases their Google exposure. Sorry I had to censor your original comment, btw. No offense intended. :)