Glenn Beck Suspended over Guest's Trump Assassination Remarks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, Jun 2, 2016.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

File this one in the "evidence of the conservative meltdown" folder.

SiriusXM Tuesday announced they were suspending Glenn Beck's satellite radio show after he apparently made comments that appeared to agree with a guest's assertion supporting the assassination of GOP candidate Donald Trump.

Trump is a scoundrel, a braggart, psychologically, intellectually, morally, ethically, and politically unfit for high office of any kind.

But the way to stop Trump is at the ballot box. Anything else brings those of us who oppose him down to his disgusting level.

2. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

<sarcastic remark>

US has a history of solving political problems with guns.
    How many abortion doctors assassinated now?

</sarcastic remarks>

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

did you miss this part?
    that means the ballot failed.

4. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Trump would be a disaster for this country. Of that I am certain.

But what would be a hundred times worse would be the use of violence or other illegal means to attempt to remove a legally elected President from office.

I have enough confidence (misplaced, perhaps) in the fundamental decency of our elected Representatives, of our Judicial system; of our Federal bureaucracy; of our professional military - to prevent the United States turning into a dictatorship.

Much as I dread the prospect of a Trump Presidency (with all the tragic ramifications it promises for immigrants, for the rights of women; for the economic chaos he promises to unleash) - I fear the prospect of a widespread armed revolution more so. And that might become a very real possibility if a large section of the American people felt that there was a widespread conspiracy to overthrow the Government by force.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you are still missing parts, here

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Well, yeah. But the idea that one of our presidents can go crazy, and require...er...extreme measures to remove from office is one of those things that's best assumed, left unspoken. A distant political hypothetical that should only be broached right when we're in the midst of the moment.

Unless you're one of those weird people who likes getting regular visits from the Secret Service.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

black van and a few guys are at my door,give me a few...........

[​IMG]

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Hillary has experience dodging sniper fire. That will make the Secret Service's job much easier.

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

It's the commie-inspired combativeness that Black Lives Matter was created for. Racist Lefty anarchists licking their chops.

10. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Commies also ship jobs overseas to communist countries like China. Or is that the acceptable form of communism in the right wing's eyes, I've been out of touch lately, though those countries do still label themselves as "communist" so there must be a degree system or something that differentiates...

11. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

We live in an age where self-identifying rightists believe the US should try and follow China's lead in regards to business, exalts hardline political figures such as Putin as being de facto examples of what a "real leader" is, then turns around and lambastes those they consider as The Left for being a little too commie-fascist for their tastes.

We live in weird, weird times.

12. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

NAFTA and TPP are both fully endorsed by Hillary Clinton. She must be the Commie you're referring to.

13. Renzatic, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016

Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

We might as well all accept the fact that, per the rules of modern political discourse, we're all commies.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

ONLY if you use the meter system :p

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

We call it the Ten Comrades System here in Communist America.

16. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

No, it means the People want a tyrant. That's democracy, broham.

It's not like Donald Trump is hiding any of his exploitative tendencies. He lives his life with them on full display.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

hey, same goes for Hillary and many are voting for her no matter what she has done/endorsed/supported.

18. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

So sue me if i think everyone who says "inches are better!" should be shot...

19. FieldingMellish Suspended

You need to learn how to get to the point. That is, if you have a point.

20. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Son we don't don't live in a democracy we have a republic in the USA and in most of the Western countries!

21. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Well, that's why I'm interested in Trumps VP choice. I have enough confidence in the political system that if Trump is elected, he'll find himself impeached 1-2 years into his term. Maybe I'm naive...

22. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You're naive in that case. With how his party is now lining up behind him there is no way that they will impeach him for doing what he says he will do.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I think you may be. Look at all the Republicans supporting him after calling him crazy, unhinged, a con man and many other things. They don't give a **** about anything other than being in power. If they were to impeach a President Trump, they'd get tossed in the next election for supporting him.