Global Warming: A Big Hoax!?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 215512, Sep 9, 2008.

1. 215512 Guest

Hello Everyone,
    I want to know what you think. I personally think global warming is something thought up by the liberals to take more of your freedom away and is not true. I do however recycle everything I use as whether or not you believe in global warming we are going to run out of landfill space one day. That is a fact! I hate it when I hear: "Please use a reusable shopping bag." Oh, it makes me SO MAD, I just want to dress in plastic! If I want to use 1,000 plastic shopping bags at the supermarket that is my right!

-superhamster

P.S. I do recycle my plastic shopping bags in one of two ways. If they are torn I will bring them back to the store for recycling. If they are not torn I will use them as wastebasket liners.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

*hands OP a flame-retardant suit*

Here, you'll need this.

3. 215512 thread starter Guest

Why?

Um, why do I need a flame retardent suit? If you support Barr as president surely you disagree over the government imposing regulations for the alleged "global warming"

-superhamster

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Yeah, the liberals came up with the idea and the scientists just went with it. :rolleyes:

Give me a break.

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I do, personally, I think that the private sector can come up with a better solution than government ... their answer to almost everything is to throw money at it.

6. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

He totally missed what you said, please give him also a newbie thread-starer flame-bait guide. :rolleyes:

The UN scientific research committee issued a finding last year I believe that for the first time asserted that the global warming issues is mainly caused by human activity.

Liberal or conservative, i would think that we all care about our planet for our sake and that of our off springs.

7. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Fresh out of those.

8. 215512 thread starter Guest

You Are Right

"I do, personally, I think that the private sector can come up with a better solution than government ... their answer to almost everything is to throw money at it" You are right.

The reason Al Gore got to fat is from eating polar bears! Good grief, scientists have PROVEN that the planet has been much hotter. It is cyclical.

-superhamster

Oh and by the way: A few weeks ago Al Gore just got himself a new yacht A BIG ONE! What is a typical hypocite; I mean liberal. Oh right, same thing!

9. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You should really start providing some links to back up your claims before either: 1) this thread ends up in the Wasteland™ or 2) you get put into Time Out™

10. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Ok, obviously the "points" the OP is trying to say is trolling. Thanks for playing, please go read the other threads on the topic.

11. 215512 thread starter Guest

See.

See, you guys are typical liberals. You hate what the conservatives have to say. AND DON'T THREATEN ME WITH WASTELAND OR TIMEOUT. I already feel like I am in the Wasteland. I just want people to see the other side of my argument. AND I AM NOT TROLLING AND I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE POINTS THAT I MAY EARN. We live in a god dam macho society where everybody has to be better than everybody else and I hate it. So don't think for one minute I care about points.

-superhamster

12. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Oh great, thanks, there's more threads on this topic? :eek:

Edit: For what it's worth, superhamster, I think global warming is silly; and, your statements would've been tolerated had they been directed at the other side. Now, stop using God's name in vain or I'll have to wash your mouth out with soap.... uh, sorry, I'm a mom, can't help it.

13. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Sorry that I don't have a link, but I heard on the radio that the Farmer's Almanac is predicting a cooler winter next year and gradually more cooler years to follow.

Seems to be contrary to the "Global Warming" concept.

14. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

The data are measured by the stations around the world of different latitudes and longitudes, the correlation is drawn with convincing calculation, the interpretations was made by thousands of scientists from all around the world.

which part do you object? the data? the calculation? or the scientists?

You know whats wrong with conservatives? They are delusional such that they don't respect the facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmers'_Almanac

15. 215512 thread starter Guest

?

"Oh great, thanks, there's more threads on this topic" What do you mean by this?

Sorry that I don't have a link, but I heard on the radio that the Farmer's Almanac is predicting a cooler winter next year and gradually more cooler years to follow.

Seems to be contrary to the "Global Warming" concept.
    HA, this just proves my theory!

-superhamster

16. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

What happened to mankind being the steward of this world? tsk tsk tsk.

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

you realize that "global warming" is the term that was slapped onto Global Climate Shift right.

Do some reading before playing the "well its cold out" argument.

18. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Nope.

Read the rules for the PRSI forum, if you make a claim, you must provide links to back it up. I cant wasteland the thread or put you in time out, but a mod who reads these unfounded claims can.

What points?

19. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

...You really don't get it, do you? I'm not even going to try and explain it then...

Suffice to say that there is evidence for global warming, some against it, we'll find out soon enough, 'k?:rolleyes:

20. 215512 thread starter Guest

Sorry.

I didn't realize the rules. The bottom line is I am asking people to take a good looking and to think long and hard about the truth. Read Ann Coulter, Read Al Franken or read any conservative or liberal book you want, just think about how SOMETIMES, NOT ALWAYS voting the the environment in mind takes away freedom. If there were to many environmental regulations, Apple would not be able to sell their great products and the awesome prices they currently are.

-superhamster

21. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Well we have been coming out of an ice age for quite some time now, Glacial Ice has been receding for thousands of years. Hell where I am sitting in Columbus Ohio right now, was covered by a glacier at some point. Hell the whole earth some think was a "snow ball". Truthfully I think we are along for the ride, China and other countries are not on board, their cars with 5 generations old Euro emission standards are not going to help. Nice of them to shut down the factories in Beijing for the Olympics so it didn't look like a hell hole. Yea China.

22. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

read my above post, which part of the reasoning process do you object?

its you who need to read some scientific papers, not us.

23. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I think if you go back and look at it.

It was first global warming.

But now is referred to as climate shift.

FWIW, for you youngsters who weren't around in the 70's, go back and read the articles of the day about global cooling. Some went so far as to predict an ice age.

Anyhow, good stewardship of our resources is a good thing.

24. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Sometimes you gotta make sacrifices for the good of others. That's life.

25. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You seem to have confused the scientific discussion with the debate on policy. ...The two are very different.

The evidence tells us global warming is real; the only debate left is what to do about it.