Global Warming Bill

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, May 13, 2010.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64A6BY20100513?type=politicsNews

Anyone think that this will actually reach a vote before the November election? Any thoughts on the bill?

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

November will be a massacre if they pass before then and they know it. Americans are tired of this "do it or else" legislation that has been so dominant over the past few years.

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm an American.

I'm tired of the "do nothing" attitude that predominates in Washington.

So... don't count me in your group.

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Good thing you aren't the majority. Heads are going to roll in November. Also keep in mind, making our situation worse by doing something isn't better than doing nothing.

5. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

Actually, that IS the majority. Heads may roll in November, but not because people DON'T want things done. They are upset that things are not getting done, or not enough.

In what ways has our situation been made worse?

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

No it isn't the majority. If it was you wouldn't see Republicans take congress come November.

Your health costs are going to continue to increase as the fantasy of congress's numbers have to mesh with reality. On top of which the US is forcing citizens into the pockets of corporations. Go figure. Taxes going up via these energy bills etc are a disgrace in a wounded economy.

7. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

If it was the majority, you wouldn't see Democrats in the White house and Congress.

November is an off-year election. What happens in off year elections? ONLY the hard core show up to vote.

Do you really want to argue that those hard-core people are the majority? On either side?

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

People are out of work, you can bet this won't be a typical off-year election.

9. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

I hope so. In typical off year elections, the party in power loses seats.

(edit) btw, the reason they don't have jobs is the party that was in power and that put in place polices that led to this depression, NOT the party that is ACTUALLY working to fix the problems.

(edit2) Hey ZA, if there are less unemployed in November, will you vote Democrat? If not, then that is not the REAL issue, is it?

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If unemployment is still the same, will it still be President Bush's fault?:rolleyes:

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Since I'll be in Toronto early-mid June onwards I don't think I'll be voting for much of anything. :) I would rather not vote for either to tell the truth, they both suck.

12. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

President Bush will still be to blame for the job losses. If unemployment stays the same, President Obama might be validly blamed for not doing more to create jobs, or for not turning things around more, but not for the job losses that occurred at the end of the Bush administration.