Globalists vs freedom of speech: EU trying to interfere in french election

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Meister, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Shhh, Islam is one of the protected homophobic groups.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 2, 2017 ---
    This is definitely a hit job by those who don't want to see her in power because they let Islam get out of control within their own borders.

2. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

So true! France needs to set up Sanctuary Cities that will protect the rights of Islamists and french fries!

3. oldmacs macrumors 601

oldmacs

Homophobia is all around the world, though in differing degrees. Some countries it is death, some it is social suicide. This is going off the topic of the thread, but if I were to come out to my family it would likely mean essentially loosing them for the rest of my life (thanks Catholicism). I understand that others have it worse, but there are many on here who like to disguise their own homophobia by deflecting and using it for more of this Islam hate.

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

They already have them, there are areas that sharia is the rule of law until something terrible like a terrorist attack happens, and in those places you can't go into certain establishments as a woman. Progressive European countries for the win.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 2, 2017 ---
    Dieing for being gay is probably a bit worse than being shunned. Either one is likely spawned by religion

5. oldmacs macrumors 601

oldmacs

I wouldn't start judging the situation till you were in it (I know that doesn't make grammatical sense). Many kill themselves faced with the situation. Of course I'd rather be alive than dead, but at the end of the day, two wrongs don't make a right.

I'm not arguing about which one is better, I'm just saying that when certain people deflect to islam to cover up their own homophobia and will refuse to criticise Christianity for homophobia.

I don't think I'm explaing myself overly well, but it is an issue that affects many people deeply, and to use it used as a deflection/throwaway item is a little much. I criticise the parts of Islam that encourage homophobia and violence against gays , I also criticise Christianity for its homophobia.

6. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

It's not protected, but those of us on Mac Rumors never have to enter in to discussions of homophobic nonsense with muslims, whereas white American Christian's have the niche on here.

Hence why you think the way you do.

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

We don't need a discussion we can look at the policies of Islamic countries.

8. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

Corrected that for you ;) (I am being polemic of course)

9. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

I tend to agree. But I note that it is not always about religion. In the supposedly Catholic Philippines, there is no stigma attached to being gay or being a single mom.
    I'm sure the EU is not alone in having an interest in the French election. Although maybe CIA is leaving this one alone.
    https://wikileaks.org/cia-france-elections-2012/document/2012-CIA-FRANCE-ELECTION/

10. oldmacs macrumors 601

oldmacs

Yeah I guess it depends on culture + how progressive/conservative the mainstream followers of a religion are in a particular country.