Globalists vs The people of the USA

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Meister, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Meister Suspended

Meister

Trooper under investigation for doing his job:

Officials are questioning a state police trooper in Washington about his role in helping immigration enforcement officers find a wanted criminal alien. The criminal alien has been deported
    four times and is wanted on a felony warrant.

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/washington-state-patrol-deported-felon/

https://www.policeone.com/investiga...-for-calling-ICE-to-report-illegal-immigrant/

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/...-hes-illegal-now-trooper-is-under-review/amp/

2. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Once again...you can't make this stuff up.

3. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

L.I.A.M.D.

Trooper did nothing wrong. The Governor is a pandering fool.

End statement.

4. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

So I can't make a judgement one way or the other - but a google search of the person in question only elicited right-wing sites. That doesn't make me sit easy....

5. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

This is how the Left spins the story:

Tacoma family worries about deportation of husband, father
    A Tacoma family of five believes President Trump's focus on immigration is leading to the possible deportation of their husband and father. He is married to a U.S. citizen, but he had no green card and had a felony drug warrant.​

"I don't know if they send my dad back to Mexico," said Elizabeth Chavez, "I don't know if I'll ever see him again." The 17-year-old and her family are fearful Armando Chavez Corona will be deported in the next several days. "It's unfair because my dad was a hard worker and made sure we had everything we needed to live," Elizabeth Chavez said.​

6. Raid, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017

Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Is it spin or are they getting a more complete picture? That article you posted doesn't even address anything about an investigation into the officer. The guy had convictions, was in the country illegally, but was trying to raise a family. The family says he was a hard worker (didn't say at what) if his job was with an legit business where's the fine for them, and what now will happen to that family?

... and why didn't the trooper take him into custody on the spot? Maybe that's part of the investigation...

Oh and this from the second link:
    So maybe they are looking at why the trooper didn't detain him on the felony drug charge? And since the unnamed officer wasn't put on leave or punished is this another right wing attempt to make a mountain out of a mole hill?

7. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Oh, so a regional affiliate local news station posts this story you link to...oh, the nefarious Liberal Cabal at work again...

8. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Don't care biut the story one way or the other, but what tne coitus has it to do with "globalist"?

Some are obviously drinking way to much, might be KoolAid or just paint thinner.

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I use acetone and pixie sticks myself. True hardcore. I also glimpse the Truth in a few brief moments before the Ambulance comes...

10. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

When was the last time a criminal was caught, and the local media wrote a story about how the criminal's family would manage while the thug was in prison?

The Left media is pushing the narrative that booting out illegal aliens is a tragedy when it's no different than when any other criminal is captured and justice is done.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 1, 2017 ---
    In your Rush to Sarcasm, you were too hasty to make sense. What exactly about my post are you criticizing?

11. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Justice? There is a strong undertone of "what did this guy do other than not file out some paperwork?" (or take no for an answer). But they are also pointing out sometimes more than just a criminal pays for their crime. It's a sad story, and in this situation there can be no 'justice for all'.

In your rush to respond I'm sure you missed the implication that a local news story doesn't mean it's part of any "left" (or otherwise) agenda. :rolleyes:

12. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

He broke the law by entering the US illegally four times. That's a serious crime:

For the first improper entry offense, the person can be fined (as a criminal penalty), or imprisoned for up to six months, or both. For a subsequent offense, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years, or both. (See 8 U.S.C. Section 1325, I.N.A. Section 275.)​

Everybody has a sad story to tell. If you can't do the time, don't commit the crime.

Where do you think the media gets its left-wing journalists? From a bottle? They start out in local news establishing their bona fides by slanting the news.

13. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Actually, I was thinking about the presumption of using 'the people of the USA', particularity since a minorityof people voted for Trump and his family-breaking racist anti-immigrant policies. I think most people of the US do not attribute the problems of the US to those with the least power in our society.

14. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Agreed, but ...

His family apparently didn't and they will be hurt accordingly. Why no rage about his boss employing an illegal immigrant?

Is that different from right-wing journalists, or do they call themselves opinionators?

15. BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

A trooper is not allowed to call ICE about an illegal alien? Why is it then that ICE is connected to the trooper's information stream that gave him a warning? IS it policy to ignore the warning? Who is allowed to call ICE?

16. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Let's say that I am pissed that an illegal keeps on finding work even though it's against the law. What possible thing could I do to try and stop such abuse?

Oh, right: vote for Donald Trump.

So what is your excuse for not voting to end the abuse of bosses employing illegals?

It's a difference by at least an order of magnitude if you haven't been paying attention all these years:

17. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

Who do you think wants open borders?

Who do you think doesn't want criminal illegals deported?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 1, 2017 ---
    Racism!
    Anti-immigration!
    Feelz!

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Oh I don't know - there were a lot of inappropriate articles written when Brock Turner was in court....

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Investigation is a problem? Call me when they punish him. Btw, I object to the title of your thread. Sounds like some kind of Conservative agenda.

20. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Deflection, non-answer, and leading question noted.

If you look at the graph again you might see that close to a 2/3rds majority classifiy themselves as independant or other, and those that classify as Democrat or Republican are both in decline.

21. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

That's true for all criminals. It sounds to me that this point would never have been made if this guy was not an immigrant.

In past threads, I've bent over backwards arguing in favor of keeping families together in the face of deportation, but I'm sorry...I can't do that for felons. How can a guy say he wants to live here when he can't follow the law?

22. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Since you failed to quote where I answered your question, AND since you're keeping notes, I must assume that you are not debating in good faith.

23. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

How about we have a death match competition between tough guy patriots and illegals. Winner gets citizenship. Loser gets to be dead. Might be the first sport I actually see a point in getting worked up about.

24. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Certain people don't want local law enforcement involved with immigration because the clean up would be much much easier and they don't want that.

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

OR....some of us are concerned about the slow slide into a police state the country has been becoming over the last 3 decades and don't want to see that process put on steroids?

I'm amazed the group of people that were so concerned about the "black helicopters" (you know, the Alex Jones nut crowd) are now lining up willingly behind the exact mentality that would allow for such a thing to actually exist.