Gmail Messes up Notification Center

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darricksailo, Feb 28, 2013.

1. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Does anyone get the missing "notification center" tab to enable and the alert options when adding a gmail account?

When I remove the gmail account, it works perfectly fine. But with it added, it messes up my notification center.

Not jailbroken and it does this. Restored completely and this problem is still here.

If anyone can help me on this problem, it would be very appreciated

Attached Files:

2. DEG1 macrumors member

I haven't had any problems and have 3 active email accounts - yahoo, gmail, iCloud.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't have any problems with my gmail account.

4. darricksailo thread starter macrumors 601

darricksailo

Darn, if even a DFU restore doesn't fix it; I don't know what will :(

Anyone have any suggestions what I should try?

5. blesio macrumors regular

Did you actually click Gmail or Hotmail? This will take you to further options....

6. Baggio macrumors 6502

You could use the gmail app if it does not get fixed.

7. darricksailo thread starter macrumors 601

darricksailo

Yes, I know. Are you trying to imply this is intentional? I did not recall it being like this when I was originally on iOS 6.1.2.

Clicking it lets me put it in notification center but without the notification center enable and alert options outside, I cannot prioritize my email notifications to be on top of my other notifications

8. blesio macrumors regular

Gmail Messes up Notification Center

You can prioritize the whole mail notification when you click Edit while in Notifications, but when you actually go into Mail in notifications you can set options for the email boxes to appear in NC or not, you can also set options for displaying the email content or Audio Tone for email notification per email box. That's why there are email accounts listed separately.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362097297.390658.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362097312.176999.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362097326.019481.jpg

If its similar to the screenshots, then it's the same since iOS 6

On the first screen you can see the edit button on the top right, when you click it you can set the priority of the notifications (ie email), you can also chose an option for the notifications to show according to time of occurrence.

9. darricksailo thread starter macrumors 601

darricksailo

Oh, yes! I completely overlooked that. For some reason, I thought it wasn't possible to prioritize notifications when it wasn't under "in notification center"

Thank you. So it appears this is actually intentional. Strange how all previous iOS versions I had was not like this. iOS 6.0.2, 6.1, and even the first restore to 6.1.2 (did not update via iTunes or ota; all restores via iTunes)

10. blesio macrumors regular

Strange, I always had this but maybe just because every upgrade was a restore without backup, never an upgrade :)