Gmail not updating on iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrochester, Nov 20, 2011.

1. mrochester macrumors 65816

Hi all

I've had an iPhone 4S for about 2 weeks now after owning an iPhone 4 previously. I set the 4S up as a new device to avoid any issues with battery life. I use GMail and I have this set up as an Exchange account so that mail is pushed. However, it's not working properly. For a time I will stop receiving emails on my phone. When I open the mail client, it will say 'connecting' for a few seconds before crashing and closing. The second time I open email, it'll connect and download new emails. This is getting very frustrating now as when I'm out and about with just my phone, I'm having to open the email client to see if I really don't have any emails, or see if it has once again crashed. I've tried restarting my phone and given that its only very recently been setup as a new phone, I've not bothered with a restore.

Has anyone got any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

Many thanks

M.

2. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The mail on here seems messy. Too many folders, too much stuff going on and I just don't like it. The mobile gmail.com is amazing. I just save it as a favorite and click every now and then