Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
NY
I get a nice little pop up everytime I receive Gmail. There is a button to click that takes me to my inbox so I can check it. When I click on it, nothing happens and I have to go to Gmail manually. How can I fix this? :(

icec0ld

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2006
did you turn off the google calendar portion of it? when i turned it off (i don't use google calendar) it disabled the gmail portion. since i dont use the calendar, i just keep using the older version (gmail notifier instead of the google notifier)...

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
happens to me too. i programmed quicksilver so that when i press F2 it opens up gmail.com. that way, when i see the red envelope, i just hit F2 and i'm at my inbox.

send in feedback. everytime i've sent in feedback, they've always responded quickly and nicely, usually with a response that they're working on it or offering some sort of work-around.

MajereXYU

macrumors regular
May 11, 2005
Uh? I know it won't solve the problem of Gmail notifier but maybe you guys could try using Mail.app to retrieve your Gmail Mail?

I set-up both my Gmail accounts in Mail.app and I set Mail to check for new mail every minute.

Whenever I get mail, the red seal shows up on Mail's dock icon and then I just open Mail to read it.

You should try it, it's actually pretty simple.

Hotmail, on the other hand, won't let you configure POP3 access in Mail.

Sad...

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
NY
icec0ld said:
did you turn off the google calendar portion of it? when i turned it off (i don't use google calendar) it disabled the gmail portion. since i dont use the calendar, i just keep using the older version (gmail notifier instead of the google notifier)...
Hmm, that seemed to do the trick! :D Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.