Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Gmail Push Email PROBLEM

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
Has anyone recently had any problems pushing their gmail to their 4s devices? I am set up via exchange and am not getting any emails pushed. I tried to switch from push to fetch. And I have tried manual mode but it still didnt work. I have messed with all the options and I am pretty sure they are set up correctly. I restarted my phone too. I am on 5.0.1. I was getting emails without any problems before today. I would prefer to have my mail pushed and not have to go to google.com every time I want to check my mail. I also tried adding my account information from the exchange section to regular gmail but no luck. Help please.

Email = my email
Server = m.google.com
Domain = m.google.com
Username = my email again
Password = my password
Use SSL = on
S/MIME = off

Yoda3984

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2008
Arkansas
I've been having this issue intermittently for both of my Gmail accounts (set up as Exchange) since installing iOS 5.1. That seems oddly coincidental, but it could just be a Google problem.

Comment

qtaran111

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Mine is working fine. Here's some things to check:

First of all make sure you have Push set correctly:

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data > Push "On"

Now still in Fetch New Data go Advanced > Gmail (or whatever you have called your Gmail account) > and under Select Schedule, select "Push".

I have nothing entered into the Domain setting (rather than m.google.com). Not sure if this makes a difference, but as I said, mine works. ;)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.