Gmail Push Email PROBLEM

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nanogirl21, Mar 7, 2012.

1. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Has anyone recently had any problems pushing their gmail to their 4s devices? I am set up via exchange and am not getting any emails pushed. I tried to switch from push to fetch. And I have tried manual mode but it still didnt work. I have messed with all the options and I am pretty sure they are set up correctly. I restarted my phone too. I am on 5.0.1. I was getting emails without any problems before today. I would prefer to have my mail pushed and not have to go to google.com every time I want to check my mail. I also tried adding my account information from the exchange section to regular gmail but no luck. Help please.

Email = my email
    Server = m.google.com
    Domain = m.google.com
    Username = my email again
    Password = my password
    Use SSL = on
    S/MIME = off

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have had issues on my Macs, not on my phone, The server seems to drop the connection and I get an error message...It's a Gmail issue I think.

4. Yoda3984 macrumors member

Yoda3984

I've been having this issue intermittently for both of my Gmail accounts (set up as Exchange) since installing iOS 5.1. That seems oddly coincidental, but it could just be a Google problem.

5. qtaran111 macrumors member

Mine is working fine. Here's some things to check:

First of all make sure you have Push set correctly:

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data > Push "On"

Now still in Fetch New Data go Advanced > Gmail (or whatever you have called your Gmail account) > and under Select Schedule, select "Push".

I have nothing entered into the Domain setting (rather than m.google.com). Not sure if this makes a difference, but as I said, mine works. ;)