Go into store for Watch Monday morning or wait till Tuesday?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ballpark1313, Sep 18, 2016.

1. ballpark1313 macrumors member

im thinking the online availability isn't very accurate. Twice now the local Apple Store has said they've had availability when the website said they didn't. So I'm thinking I'm just going to try heading in to the store this week and try.

Will they get any inventory for tomorrow (no deliveries on Sunday?) or will I have better luck on Tuesday?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Do all Apple stores get deliveries on Monday or does it vary by store? Why not just cll them real quick and ask what they have in stock today and when deliveries come in?

3. SUMIMASN macrumors member

SUMIMASN

Local Apple stores told me they get product shipments daily but they have no idea what's arriving.

4. ballpark1313 thread starter macrumors member

I've tried calling several times and all but once the recording hung up on me saying they were too busy. Went by the store and they have said they've had stock in the morning but the website has said no availability.
    Asked 3 employees about stock and if/when they get more. They all said they didn't know and to check the website. When I told them the website never showed any stock and all of their replies were "I don't know what to tell you."

5. Shadow Runner macrumors regular

I just came back from the Apple Store. Got the same response, they don't know what they get, saying check daily with them in-store or using the store app. I am putting little faith in the app and going to check the store tomorrow morning. I got a feeling they get a pretty decent amount of stock daily from talking with the employee.

6. SUMIMASN macrumors member

SUMIMASN

Did any of those stores maintain that they've never received an AW2 to sell at all since launch? I'm just finding it odd that people have reported that they've bought one at the store & the stores are saying they've never had an AW2 to sell. Seems to me that whether they've even got a AW2 would make a difference to someone looking to buy on store now as it would at least validate that it's possible they may get an AW2 before the 3-5 week period. Did they smoke but not inhale?

7. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

don't forget its also based on sales numbers/traffic. Ie I would assume that the 5th ave store gets more stock of new products then the apple store at my local mall...

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I've been told over multiple years that in store stock isn't one and the same with online in store availability. It's a different pool.

Just saying what I've been told multiple times now about launch devices. This could have changed since it been complete nonsense.

9. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

I wonder how many watches apple can produce per day?

10. ballpark1313 thread starter macrumors member

Just went by the store. Nothing in stock. Guy I talked to said it's hit or miss when they get more watches. He told me to check online. After I told him the website says nothing available even when employees have told me that they had stock he said that was my best bet. They don't anticipate getting them on a regular basis. So I'm just going to wait 3 weeks until mine ships and periodically check the website to see if something pops up.