Go to college? Want an iPhone? Don't want to pay full price for a plan?

FoxMcWeezer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/

With this, if your university has a business agreement with AT&T, then you can get a discount. Surprisingly, I go to a smaller university so I thought I wouldn't be eligible, but I checked the link and I was!

My cell phone bill is $14 less a month than what it would be. This is continuous for the life of my 2 year contract, not a one-time discount of $14, but $14 off every month.

This deal also works with people who already have an existing contract with AT&T. When you get the email, click "Shop Now" then choose the second option.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Thanks. Looks like my school has picked up this program since last I checked, so I should be getting a break on my bill. Neato.

tnisatard

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/

With this, if your university has a business agreement with AT&T, then you can get a discount. Surprisingly, I go to a smaller university so I thought I wouldn't be eligible, but I checked the link and I was!

My cell phone bill is $14 less a month than what it would be. This is continuous for the life of my 2 year contract, not a one-time discount of $14, but $14 off every month.

Edit: Geez, I just read this and it looks like it was written by a Nigerian scammer. It is not a spam topic, lol
This is called a FAN account, its been known for awhile, but a good reminder for new people wanting to switch to AT&T

also check if your employer offers AT&T discounts

HP
USPS
Cal Trains
Chase Banks

^^ All these get a minimum 25% off their bill monthly, which is ridiculous!

uneek1

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
I just signed up. Looks like I have to wait a few billing cycles to see if I get any kind of discounts.

I am on the 39.99 plan + iPhone 3G data plan. Anyone on that one that is getting a discount?

Thanks OP for this, much appreciated!

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Awesome, thanks man. I just put my email address from my school and it said I am eligible :) but it takes 2 months to receive discounts? lol:rolleyes:

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Awesome, thanks man. I just put my email address from my school and it said I am eligible :) but it takes 2 months to receive discounts? lol:rolleyes:
You might get slap with a fee as well.
Another thing you need to remember is after you get the discount AT&T never goes back to check to see if you should loss it.
I lost my job and I still had it 7-8 months later to when I moved it over to my parents account.

My girlfriend took the one from Texas Tech and now nearly 10 months after she is no longer a student there she still has it. I have a feeling she will still have it when she renews it because they do not check nor ask if you should lose it.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
You might get slap with a fee as well.
Another thing you need to remember is after you get the discount AT&T never goes back to check to see if you should loss it.
I lost my job and I still had it 7-8 months later to when I moved it over to my parents account.

My girlfriend took the one from Texas Tech and now nearly 10 months after she is no longer a student there she still has it. I have a feeling she will still have it when she renews it because they do not check nor ask if you should lose it.
A fee? That sucks...I didn't see anything about it. How much is the fee?

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
A fee? That sucks...I didn't see anything about it. How much is the fee?
Unless the removed it expect to be charge like $36 bucks unless you do it with in 30 days of a new contract or upgrade to a contract.
They started doing that in the spring of 09 and as of Oct of 09 they still had it.

joebobthehob

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
Unless the removed it expect to be charge like $36 bucks unless you do it with in 30 days of a new contract or upgrade to a contract.
They started doing that in the spring of 09 and as of Oct of 09 they still had it.
The fee for FAN enrollment was dropped at the end of last year.

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
thats what i did and still have it

intially they said i had to be a faculty/staff employee to get it. i told them i wouldnt get it if that was the case so they put it on anyways

my company has a discount too but its less so im still with the school one lol

fleshman03

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2008
Sioux City, IA
Nope.

I bought my iPhone the summer of 2008. In December of 2008 I found out my company offered an AT&T discount. I called AT&T and they added it. By January my bill was lower.
That's horrible! I made sure my FAN discount was applied when I got my iPhone, so I never bothered to see if there was a fee.

So ATT makes you pay a fee to get a discount. That should be in a Verizon commercial.

GXT

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2010
Unbelievable! I've been paying full price for over a year!

Can I apply for a retroactive credit?